HybridZ

Thanks Hybridz

I could not have done it without yall.:D

It took 5 years since I started this project as a senior in high school (thats where I painted it) to get it on the road, but it was all worth it.

It may not be completely done(still needs interior work... etc) but its finally road worthy and it is fun.

Exhaust start up video at the end...

zshoot1.jpg

zshoot2.jpg

zshoot3.jpg

zshoot4.jpg

zshoot5.jpg

th_zcar.jpg

The exhaust is 2 1/4" into a muffler under the driveshaft. Its a dual in, single 3" out muffler. Its 3" to the muffler in the rear stock position and a 4 inch polished tip out the back. Both mufflers are magnaflow.

Its sound kind of quiet in the vid but is much louder in person. And it really opens up when you get in to it.

Kevin

thanks for posting that nice Z. I have been debating colors and silver is at the top of the list. What version of silver is that? Very nice work!

Its the silver off of the 350z. don't remember the name of it... might be chrome silver.

Looks good, sounds good! I liked the ants walking by too :)

Haha... I knew someone would notice that.

Thanks for the compliments.

Kevin

Great job on the whole car. What adapters/brakes did you use the allow you to use those wheels?

Front: 300zx hubs with the toyota s12w calipers and vented rotors with rotor spacer from modern-motorsports.

Rear: redrilled stock stub axles with a 1/2" spacer

The wheels are off of a 01-04 mustang gt.

They really are never done. I can still think of an easy $5k I want to spend on it.

Kevin

Front: 300zx hubs with the toyota s12w calipers and vented rotors with rotor spacer from modern-motorsports.

They really are never done. I can still think of an easy $5k I want to spend on it.

Kevin

looks nice, are those Z31 or Z32 front hubs, and were they a straight swap, or did you have to modify?

phar

Great looking car. It took me a second to figure out what that swirly thing was on the front of the car in the first picture... :-)

The car is just entering a wormhole. haha ... yeah just the license plate blurred as you already figured out.

280zcar

Car looks great, awesome job! I also really like the color, might have to paint mine silver.What suspension are you running with those wheels and tires? Coilovers or just springs and struts?Alan

No coilovers... yet (they are in the plans). Stock spring perches with tokico lowering springs and struts.

Clearance is close though. I have about ~3/16"-1/4" of clearance in the rear between the tire and spring perch.

The front comes very close. The wheel is millimeters away from the spring perch but doesn't rub.

I did grind away at the spring perches to gain a little peace of mind.

Tires are 245/45/17

Thanks

Thanks, and I saw the correction for the Z31 hubs.

Kevin