HybridZ

IM SO EXCITED!!!!!1111!eleven!

MoNkEyT88

I just bought my FIRST HOUSE!..

The best part, huge 3 car garage!!!

It also has a very large yard, so I can get my exercise cutting the lawn! Too bad its winter soon!!!

Well, I've been looking for over 5 months, and this is the 4th offer I've had on a house. I was able to snag it up 3 days after it went on the market!

I'm really excited! I just can't hide it. And I'm so glad to know that the wait is over!

40386239bc1.jpg

Congratulations! Sounds like the RE market is still pretty hot in your area. Good looking place, and I like the wide driveway and the three car garage. One story is nice too. :2thumbs:

When my wife and I bought here in Seattle about a year and a half ago it was a similar story. We found our house before it hit the MLS and there was already an offer on it. We bid the asking price and luckily it went to us. We looked at several that were bought before we could make up our minds as to whether or not to put in a bid.

After looking daily for 5 months, I've kind of become a real estate "expert" in my own mind. I knew this house was a really good deal, so I offered 100$ over asking price.

They accepted the offer 6 hours later, and we will close later this month. It's moving very quick.

The last house I had an offer on, I offered 100$ more than asking price, but somebody came in with a cash offer an no contingencies. The one before that I offered what I felt the home was worth, which was about 10,000$ less than asking price. The owners didn't accept the offer of course. And the one before that I offered 1,000$ less than asking price, as I had the only offer at the time, but somebody came in with an offer at 8,000$ more than I had, because they were not aware that the price had dropped.

So I'm glad I can finally relax, and start looking into making it my own. I want to add some nice accent lights out front, and I'd like to make the area around the front brick a little less plain.

We'll see. Now I won't be able to sleep for a month.

Congrats!!!!! You bought a 3 car garage with a house attached. I have that as well...its still not enough so a paved a car port beside it this summer.

Enjoy the garage....and the great house!

I just bought my FIRST HOUSE!..

The best part, huge 3 car garage!!! Heck of a first house!!!!!!!!

Wow, that sucks about the foreclosures. It's not too out of control here. In fact, the first one I had an offer on was a foreclosure. And then the third one was a "short sale", of course I didn't get any of those.

One thing I really noticed is, the home I bought, compared to foreclosure homes, you can really tell the difference in quality work that the owners put into them. Unlike a few foreclosure homes I've viewed that were totally trashed.

Great house! Lots of people up here just North of NYC were over-sold mortages five or six years ago. We have 5 year old, 6,000sq-ft McMansions all over the place that look abandoned and overgrown. We almost ourselves got rooked by the banks when we were trying to decide between a move to a larger home, or an extension. The banks hooked me at first by waving McMansions in my face, but I fought back with simple math and decided to pick up my hammer and saw to double the size of our little home myself. Glad I did. I got away cheap and still have a modest home we can afford on one salary.

Good luck with the home and I wish I was close enough for the house warming party! Now go get some firewood and save the oil/gas bills for the Z.

Yes, I totally agree that people have been over spending.

I love watching the HGTV channels and seeing a couple move into a house that was a cool million over their "BUDGET"!

This house is certainly never going to make it onto one of those channels, but I can afford it easily, and it will be under 25% of my income, which is a good rule to follow. I will always make more money, and hopefully I will be fortunate enough to never have to worry about losing my job.

Im just curious to know what are the interest rate and for how long . I live in Canada , Quebec province and im wondering about the diffrence . If you dont want to answer its ok i wont care i was just curious since im build my own home in the spring .

Well, when I was approved the rate for a 30 year fixed mortgage was 5.875%.

During the 5 months I was looking, I noticed the rates went up to 6.4%.

Then when I found out I got an accepted offer, the rate was back down to 5.875%. Then two days later its at 6.2%, and now its at 6.4%.

Geez. I'm going to wait it out and see if it will go back down, I have until the 30th to close.

That's not a bad strategy... My oldest son was trying to consolidate some student loans back in the spring, after he bought his first home. He was denied at the time... Yesterday he informed his mother that they contacted him and asked if he was still interested... I think the banks are starting to look for customers again! :2thumbs:

Good luck with it man! Keep us posted!

Mike