HybridZ

Newbie L30ET Build

EvilC

You, my friend, are good! Master mechanic!:2thumbs: I hope one day to be able to keep up. Though that's not looking too good right now!

:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

Smart @$$!

Everyone knows you are teaching me and I am just following in the Z God's shadow...the fastest Z in the tri-state...:hail:Mr. Rags :hail:

:mrgreen:

rturbo 930, thanks....will get it done as long as Joe doesn't kick me out the garage ;)

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...
A Rush Motorsports P90 cylinder head, well where the heck is the pictures of that bad boy?

You're killing me....... :)

Soon soon. :D

I just want to take it out the box and right on to the motor, of course some pics between that.

What Clive doesn't realize is that Joe secretly replaced the Braap head with a bone stock 200k miler head. Since he has never driven a L6 Z car he won't know what he 's missing! Now to somehow swap out the wheels and tires from his V8 car with a set of 14 Appliance wheels I have in the attic. This might me a little tougher to hide :D

Joe.....Um I mean some anonymous poster:lol:

What Clive doesn't realize is that Joe secretly replaced the Braap head with a bone stock 200k miler head. Since he has never driven a L6 Z car he won't know what he 's missing! Now to somehow swap out the wheels and tires from his V8 car with a set of 14 Appliance wheels I have in the attic. This might me a little tougher to hide :D

Joe.....Um I mean some anonymous poster:lol:

Just put the flares on and I would never be able to tell!

• 3 months later...

thanks for sharing your engine build. fun to just watch sometimes. I have a few questions if you have the time.

So, is that a 2.8L or 3.0L?

What pistons and what compression ratio?

What cam are you planning to use?

What turbo are you going to use?

thanks for sharing your engine build. fun to just watch sometimes. I have a few questions if you have the time.

So, is that a 2.8L or 3.0L?

What pistons and what compression ratio? quote]

The bottom end is a 3.0L using 133 mm con rods. Pistons are custom flat tops from Ross Racing Pistons. Compresion ratio is 8.5-1 when using a P90. The pistons were designed so that if you wanted to use the short block NA, just throw an E31 on it and you would be at 10-1 CR. I've used this lower end configuration in NA, turbo and supercharged configuration with good results.

Joe

Have been reading a lot of intake threads to see where I am and the direction I want to go in. I am going to calculate how much the head can flow, which will just be a raw number and a not real world number. From there I can do a flow vs cost sheet and see where my money would be best spent. Also trying to keep in mind the turbo I am going to use and hit near my hp goal.

Cool do the math and give us the results! SolidWorks (Cosmoflow) can do flow analysis. I played with it a little but need some tutorials. You are welcome to try it out if you want.

My guess is a nicely ported stock intake will do what you need. My other guess is that you will want more than a stock intake can provide... :wink:

• 1 month later...

Small update, I will be sending out my 75 intake and turbo exhaust to Braap for porting. This will not be done til Spring when the weather warms up some.

In the meantime I have to start stripping the 70 car. I have been saying that for months because it was in the back of my head to sell it. Now, we are just going to move forward with the build.

Hopefully Derek will make more EDIS mounting hardware and that will be my next purchase. Promise more pics coming over the winter.....to those who car....lol!

• 2 weeks later...

Hey man just becareful! Dont try to start too many things at once!! its fun spending money and new parts are shiny an all but do one thing at a time!! I would just rebuild the engine first, the stock intakes and head work are not quite necessary for the L28 since its so small the stock work fine for up to like a 3.0 liter? Porting is not as important as just simply cleaned threads, a cam, new guides etc and some tight springs. Looks good man but i think about what ur spending $$ on an it should start simple you already spent $900 on stuff not even installed yet!! looks good so far man but slow down and i hope to God that you bagged your screws

Hey man just becareful! ...blah blah blah...

small_subtle_facepalm.png

You haven't seen his other car I take it...

Here is the original post for you to re-read:

http://forums.hybridz.org/showpost.php?p=957509&postcount=1

Hope to have the car on the road by Spring but there is no rush at all. This car will have heat, a/c and be a nice street car vs my LS1 Z.