HybridZ

Newbie L30ET Build

EvilC

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, sold a few parts from this car so we are getting closer. The entire drivetrain will be pulled this week and sent off to its new home. Funny the closer I get to having the painter come pick her up....the more I don't know what color I want.

I would like this color but Joe just painted his car this color:

240z-Medium.jpg

Silver is nice but there are a million silver s30's already:

338292272_2jKov-M.jpg

Maybe the 370z color but no very sold on it:

40thanniversary.jpg

Or stock 280z blue:

599043204_P5PHu-M.jpg

Or something in the brown family.

I have to do more thinking over the next week or so. Colors I know I don't want for sure...red, white, yellow, black or green.

Gotta keep in mind these wheels are going back on whatever color I go with:

496858577_JAyoN-M.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Well the car is in the final stages of finally being able to leave for paint. Just thought I would highlight the worst of the rust on this car.

805970631_x4Jpn-M.jpg

805970871_zFG9S-M.jpg

805970236_KWpD5-M.jpg

805970433_gGngF-M.jpg

I placed an order for new fenders from the dealer and have some used parts coming down from 1 tuff z. Rear hatch vents will be plugged from the inside and vents remain on the hatch. Later today plans are to finish cleaning the inside of the car out of dirt and loose crap. Also need to pull the brake booster and clutch master. A few bolts need to be drilled out of the holes where the rusted in and broke upon removal. I need to vaseline the dash ;) Important step...I can't lose another dash! Joe! Also need to por-15 the floors and clean up some surface rust on the seat brackets. More pics to come this weekend and hopefully she is on a traler heading to paint!

Looking good!  I hate Silver...don't paint your car silver.  ;)

Clive, you should let the painters know of the value of the dash.  Most non-z people don't appreciate the value and fragility of a clean dash.  I see SO many Z cars that have been painted that have overspray on the outside edges of the dash.

If you do the blue metallic, go with the more rare, 903 blue.  Also instead of the color Joe used, you can go with the gold metallic from the Black/Gold ZX

903Blue.jpg

bgichibon80.jpg

Edited by cygnusx1

small_subtle_facepalm.png

http://forums.hybridz.org/index.php?/topic/71489-newbie-l30et-build/page__view__findpost__p__826345

I looove graphite on a Z. I think that Z34 color would look great!

I would really want to do a BMW graphite like this:

http://www.europeanautosource.com/images/vendors/eas/events/eurocrave08/EuroCrave-04.jpg

Honestly I don't know how Zs survive up North.

Edited by flatblack280

The Key is to hide them from the world 6ish months of the year.

Mine sleep from Dec 1st to April 1st each year. In April wait for that good hard rain to wash all the salt away. It's a good excuse to get a lot of work done on them during the winter so I can drive them once April arrives.

Clive your not allowed to do the m3 Graphite...thats what im most likely painting my car! That or Gunmetal

I thought u were doing flat black?

Peter the car will be a dark grey or in the family. Everday when I am on the road I look for other colors I may like.

Go nismo 370z graphite lol. Geez I was leaning towards the dark grey from the altima for mine but if both of you are going grey then I'm just going to have to do blue or something.

Mine sleep from Dec 1st to April 1st each year. In April wait for that good hard rain to wash all the salt away. It's a good excuse to get a lot of work done on them during the winter so I can drive them once April arrives.

+1, it's amazing how much better the cars survive when not exposed to salt, sand, rain, and cold! Imagine that...

Got my '96 Sentra winter beater for $100 and it's the best preservative of my nice cars that I could've bought.

I think the 40th anniv. graphite would be clever considering it's a first year Z. I'm so glad I don't have a low-number Z though. I hate to modify early or rare cars, and I love to modify!

Looking good Clive, keep up the good work, and maybe I'll get to see one of your Z's at some point this summer if there's a big meet

40th 370Z color it will be...just waiting to see in person at the NY auto show so I can put my eyes on it and the paint code.

Mazter, hopefully we do meet this summer....we are close enough. NYZCC should be having a car show later this year.

The car is now off to paint jail! Of course it left in the middle of a rain storm and at night. :lol:

The painter will be back up in two weeks to pick up some other parts but I did send down a set of NOS fenders and a rear quarter that was new and install on a car before I cut it back out. Next time I will send down head light buckets, inspection lids, and NOS rocker panels. I need to order one tabco repair part for driver side quarter and a BRE front spook air dam with ducts. Still have some time to make final pick on paint color as there is lots of body work to do. As you can see, I left some notes on the car for the painter.

809550615_6ptqx-M.jpg

809551763_45V9d-M.jpg

809551947_oSUDJ-M.jpg

Now with this car gone, I can help Joe finsh up his car and the blk pearl in the garage.....then I have to get EVIL Z ready for the season.

Edited by EvilC

What, you didn't paint a smiley face on the side before bringing it to the body shop?

PC130008.jpg

My daughter asked if was going to paint another smiley face on it when I was done. I said sure, on the bottom. She asked me the other day, did you paint the smiley face on the bottom of the car yet?

What, you didn't paint a smiley face on the side before bringing it to the body shop?

My daughter asked if was going to paint another smiley face on it when I was done. I said sure, on the bottom. She asked me the other day, did you paint the smiley face on the bottom of the car yet?

MVC-838S.jpg

That just instantly made me think of this.. This was a 70 rat racer, take it to the track and have fun without worrying about smashing the car up. My dad and his buddy wanted to get some good paint and paint the car, but they NEEDED to get some paint on it, so they mixed a bunch of leftovers and wound up with a decent color of nobody's choosing.. The smilie went on to ensure the paint didn't last too long :)

Edited by Daeron

The smiley face should have gone on! I know the painter has started to tear into the car this past weekend. Still looking for the paint code, I think because the car has not been released yet is why I can't find it. I will call a friend today at the dealer and see what he can come up with. As soon as I finish up the v8 car, I will be back on the turbo motor!