HybridZ

WOW! My rear defroster works!!!

Tony D

AMAZING! Raining in So Cal, and windows are all fogged up.

So I turn on my defroster, and realize the warm air isn't doing such a great job on the right window or the rear one...

Then I realized "Man, I've never tried the rear defroster in this thing"...

So I reach back while driving and reconnect the right spade terminal that is continuously hanging (visible in my wink mirror...) and flip on the rear defrost switch. Almost immediately the lower lines appeared clear through the fog...and within a minute it was clear which lines did and did not have a complete circuit any longer.

But I was totally shocked. It actually worked...and in my field of view all the lines were functional! Cool!

Not bad for a 1997 $125 Police Lein Sale vehicle (60K miles later!!!):icon45:

le sigh... mine worked, until I tried to remove the bubbly tint from the glass..

Those were the days, I had just met the Z, we were young and in love (well I was 19, she was already pushin 30) and we had a clear view of were we had been, regardless of relative atmospheric conditions within and without the cabin........

le sigh... mine worked, until I tried to remove the bubbly tint from the glass..

Those were the days, I had just met the Z, we were young and in love (well I was 19, she was already pushin 30) and we had a clear view of were we had been, regardless of relative atmospheric conditions within and without the cabin........

Those always end up being the same for me ;)

34 degrees out and drizzling? I'll have the driver side window rolled down. 115 degrees, haven't seen a cloud in a month, -20% humidity? Only difference then is I've got the footwell vents open and the passenger side window down :)

Curiously, since I have what appears to be an electric glass following cult here...

In the UK I noticed adverts for 240Z electric defront FRONT windshields for rally prep! How cool is THAT?

Just flip the toggle and the windscreen gets heated. I have seen one, and it's a laminate film, no 'lines'...

What I wouldn't have given for one on the LeMons car, so I didn't need to run the whole heater!

The wires are on the glass, and anything that rubs across or scrapes them can cause a break in the circuit, and defeat that line of defroster.

They sell conductive paint to repair the breaks, I saw it recently in a store and was amazed! On top of that, there is actually a procedure in the FSM for finding the breaks and repairing them with that conductive paint!

I'd start with making sure there is power to the grid, and then going from there. There is not much that can screw it up as long as it's getting power. After that, breaks are about all that can screw the circuit...it's not like it wears out!