HybridZ

turbo kit on e-bay $475

big-phil

Are those pictures from the 1970's? LOL

That's exactly what I thought when I saw them.

Good price though. A lot of those parts you may want to sell off if you're going for a stand alone EMS, which will help to recoup some of the cost of purchasing it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/V-BAND-TURBO-KIT-DAEWOO-DAIHATSU-DATSUN-DODGE-EAGLE_W0QQitemZ260421819655QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMotors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories?hash=item3ca2599d07&_trksid=p4506.c0.m245&_trkparms=65%3A12|39%3A1|72%3A1205|240%3A1318

i don't know if i posted the link right.....would it be a decent set-up to run on a flat-top f54/p79 motor with the low boost level. i think it said 7-8 pounds of boost.

if so, what else would i need to do the installation besides the turbo exhaust manifold?

You'd really buy an ebay 'V BAND TURBO KIT DAEWOO DAIHATSU DATSUN DODGE EAGLE'

Please tell me you're not serious. How would you support the extra fuel needed for the turbo?

READ the turbocharger forum here. Read all of the stickies. Do it. Go now.

• 2 weeks later...

So I bought this thing, btw - this was quite a while ago.

I looked through his previous auctions, and found that he bought the 'kit' from somebody else.

He took pictures of his computer screen of the old auction, which is why they looked so crappy. Funny to go back and look at it though :)

So I bought this thing, btw - this was quite a while ago.

I looked through his previous auctions, and found that he bought the 'kit' from somebody else.

He took pictures of his computer screen of the old auction, which is why they looked so crappy. Funny to go back and look at it though :)

Was it a good deal? Did it all work? I hope I didn't get you to buy some junk.

While I would generally agree with not getting a knockoff turbo from ebay for cheap, what if you only plan on slapping it to say a CA18ET with a busted turbo? When the engine itself is so damn cheap (I've seen S12 guys getting rid of them for less than 100 bucks), why *not* a cheap turbo?

While I would generally agree with not getting a knockoff turbo from ebay for cheap, what if you only plan on slapping it to say a CA18ET with a busted turbo? When the engine itself is so damn cheap (I've seen S12 guys getting rid of them for less than 100 bucks), why *not* a cheap turbo?

Why waste money on something that won't last? Why waste time setting a motor up when you're going to possibly damage it when the junk turbo explodes or fails? Buy a DSM, Evi, Sti, WRX turbo, etc. There are plenty of 'good' options available.

Its more practical to buy a used OEM turbo and just rebuild it.

I mean with my OEM mitsubishi TD05H, I got for $40, plus a new turbine housing and wastegate actuator $100, TD06 compressor wheel and housing $90. still cheaper than most of the chinese knockoffs.

Some would argue otherwise with the knockoffs, but IMO, its hit or miss, with an emphasis on miss.

Was it a good deal? Did it all work? I hope I didn't get you to buy some junk.

I got everything needed for the swap, minus a few little things. When I pulled my head gasket I installed the turbo oil pump that came with it and it works awesome.

The turbo swap is going in this week. The turbo looks really good [no vertical shaft play] and the exhaust manifold is really clean and painted, with re-threaded studs and new bolts.

I'm using all of what came in the package, except:

I upgraded to Mustang Cobra Injectors, I am ditching the 83 ECU and AFM for a 88 Z31 ECU and MAF [for Nistune], and I'm going to run the N/A Valve Cover because this is an N/A motor and I'm no ricer :P

I plan to make some $$ back selling the stuff I don't need

Thanks for the heads up!

Are you guys nutts?

"LAST ABOUT 20,000 MILES BEFORE NEEDING A REBUILD"

you guys will be changing your turbo-charger every 4 - 6 oil changes.

you guys will be changing your turbo-charger 3 times for every 1 spark plug change.

there are cars that have turbos that could use a clean-up, but don't even need a rebuild @ 150,000 miles.

20,000 is a joke. Probably doesn't even have bearings, nevermind journal or ball. And where would you get them at that point anyway? You can't rebuild it yourself, you'd have to bring it to a tractor/truck shop that deals with all kinds of makes and models and has mismatch parts in a bin somewhere.