HybridZ

L28 home made stroker?

OGJaper

Hey guys I'm new to the forum and looking for solid info for my newest 280zx project, its going to be an all N/A Build for this one, my question is this: I heard alot of rumors that you can "make" a stroker kit for the L28 by using a mix of parts such as a Diesel Nissan Maxima V07 LD28 Crankshaft. I have no idea if this is true. I searched for the MSA 3.1 Stroker kit but, its no longer for sale from what I am told. So any ideas if theirs even a "home made" method to building a 3.1L stroker? Any info/suggestions would be great :)

(Also my friend has a Rb25 Swapped 240sx and is hounding me that I should put an Rb series into my 280zx... I have seen it in Japan but never in the states... any info on this build would be cool too, thanks)

Thanks for the info guys :D going to research as much as possible, and yikes ArnZ, $4400? Quite a price tag, wondering if its even worth the money to stroke the L28, what are your guys opinions? Its not so much I have a quest to have alot of hp, more or less just want enough power to have fun. Has anyone actually done the "home made" method of mixed parts? I found a LD28 crank, pretty sure I can just get the pistons for free considering my friend has 4 spare ka24de's in his garage heh. As far as the L24 rods, not to sound noob-ish, but what model engine/car is that from? (yes this is my 1st Nissan build, and I aim to do it right) Thanks in advance for any info gang, peace.

Click this link... it explains clearly the answers to your questions:

L24 = 2.4L motor from a 240Z. And remember... $4400 is just for the kit. Then you get to pay for the machine work and all the extra stuff needed. To build a proper stroker, expect to spend close to $10k. Short cuts and cheap parts = shorter life span for the motor. Do it right... or you will regret it later.

Click this link... it explains clearly the answers to your questions:

L24 = 2.4L motor from a 240Z. And remember... $4400 is just for the kit. Then you get to pay for the machine work and all the extra stuff needed. To build a proper stroker, expect to spend close to $10k. Short cuts and cheap parts = shorter life span for the motor. Do it right... or you will regret it later.

Might as well get this then: http://www.kameariusa.com/L6_l3_2_85mm_crankshaft.php ;)

• 6 years later...

Norm Seimpers did it, and documented the shite out of it including the removal of material for proper compression deck height down to the grade of sandpaper and number of strokes he used to cut down the Pistons using his driveway as the milling table.

That "home made" enough for you?

He ran 12's in his 240, using SU Carbs.

He totaled the car in a Florida Rainstorm earlier this year. It sits in his father's yard.

If $4,400 is big money to you, you might want to reconsider the path you hope to take. Though Norm might sell you his engine for $6,000, complete!