HybridZ

So i got pulled over last night...

dhp123166

...Speeding (big surprise) and he nailed me for my front door window tint which is illegal in California but it is just a fixit.

Now any sane person would just peel the tint off the mounted windows and clean up the underlying glass and be done in 1/2 hour...

I just happen to have an extra set of windows which are tint free.

So while sleeping I come up with the plan to take the doors apart, take the tinted glass out, mount the clear glass, (we all know how much fun that is) put the doors almost back together, go get the violation signed off, come home, take the doors apart, take the clear glass out, mount the tinted glass, put the doors completely back together, and try not to get another ticket...

Ah jiminy christmas...

Still, you can't outrun a radio.

A friend of mine told me how he was doing 160+ on highway 5 on some crotch rocket. He was finally stopped when two semis blocked the road in front of him. That's when he looked in his mirror and saw several cruisers failing to keep up. Week in jail, bike gone, no license for either 6 mo. or a year, I forget, and I really don't know how that guy is still alive.

Some guy up here a couple years ago was ticketed for going 140 on I205 on his bike. The laws weren't quite as strict then, and they didn't take his bike away, but the laws were changed to be a lot stricter right after that. So two months later, he gets nailed for doing the same thing....and his excuse was he was trying to find a jacket that he had lost on the side of the freeway.....yah right!..haha. Anyway, they put him away and took his bike away this time.

Greg

67 in a 55. Opening up on a lonely country road after a day of s*** at work...

Not reckless but enough for a fat ticket.

Thank God for traffic school.

And the officer did not get me for my "offroad only" HID driving lights...

I'm thankful for the little things...

Did you plead stupid? I was stopped doing about 70 in a 35 zone (coming to the end of a interstate merge) while totally caught up in the serene beauty of a warm sunny morning. I actually rolled right up onto a PD forensic vehicle in blue and white with huge gold letters. He and another officer got behind the Z to pull me over. I didn't get an attitude when he asked if my rocket had a working speedo. I told him the truth. I was mesmorized enjoying that great morning and said it was shear stupidity. He held me for several minutes to tell me about court costs, fines and insurance rates. Finally he let me go with a warning that it shouldn't happen a second time in front of him. I have no use for tint. Ultimately, it ends up scratched and looking like crap anyhow. Why invite the law to stop you?

I live in California and we are in a budget shortfall right now so the state needs every bit of cash it can get.

It's just business and the Officer was doing me a favor because the stress and strain

of another crappy day at work was manifesting itself as reckless driving.

Thank God I was not going faster...

As far as tint goes I thought I could have a "20" or "35" grade of tint.

I was wrong.

I like tint and it keeps the car cool with me minus my a.c.

Oh well, I probably will just go clear so I don't have to deal with it again...

I live in California and we are in a budget shortfall right now so the state needs every bit of cash it can get.

It's just business and the Officer was doing me a favor because the stress and strain

of another crappy day at work was manifesting itself as reckless driving.

Thank God I was not going faster...

As far as tint goes I thought I could have a "20" or "35" grade of tint.

I was wrong.

I like tint and it keeps the car cool with me minus my a.c.

Oh well, I probably will just go clear so I don't have to deal with it again...

See you dont know the trick... When you see a cop start rolling down your windows... or if you suspect to get cop attention and you have illegal tint, keep your windows rolled down. This is where its nice to have power windows.

I dont know about CA but in kentucky some people have said they just tell the clerk when they go back that it's fixed and they dont check it.

I'm sure theres probably other ways to get around it, I just dont know about them...:wink:

See you dont know the trick... When you see a cop start rolling down your windows... or if you suspect to get cop attention and you have illegal tint, keep your windows rolled down. This is where its nice to have power windows.

I dont know about CA but in kentucky some people have said they just tell the clerk when they go back that it's fixed and they dont check it.

I'm sure theres probably other ways to get around it, I just dont know about them...:wink:

Wouldn't be hard for them to ask you to roll your windows up...