HybridZ

RIPS 240 runs 7.8 @ 176mph

RIPSNZ

Excellent work - so what is the replacement for the zed given you have stated this engine will now move into a shell more suited to doing 7's (don't blame you one bit given the tracks here in NZ and the resent crashes 1/2 or last 1/2 of the track) It would be one hell of ride if it goes wrong with just a 6 point cage in there. So I assume the current cage does not tie to the front struts or even have a bar under the dash - I have seen this on many a zed here in NZ and having owned a race car with a cage setup like this I would want one that has a bar under the dash and that ties the into the front struts for a circuit car but a drag car doing 7's well tube the whole whole thing....

Its just a basic street 6 point cage with no dash bars or bars through to the towers, it has a stock floor, stock fire wall, stock engine bay etc, its fine at mid to low 8s but it has started to get a bit nasty into the 7s as it is and I don't want to strip it and make it into a full race car.

Here's a video link and you can click my user name to get to the others from there.

Rob

Rob

congrats. the goal is met, and you gotta change your signature again now :-D

well done, some inspiration for anyone looking to accomplish their goals.

well done' date=' some inspiration for anyone looking to accomplish their goals.

[/quote']

EDIT:

Except for the high-schoolers who are reading the words "Cocaine" on the side of your car and are thinking "hmmmm, booger-sugar = faster car = WIN!" lol

That is incredible, well done. As a true australian, somewhere in the future I am sure we will be taking credit for this. Something along the lines of pub talk like, "Can you remember that aussie who did 7s in a street legal Z car?" ;)

Once again, congrats mate, and good luck with the next project