HybridZ

Worst pain I ever experienced in my life

auxilary

Woke up, slight constipation and lower abdominal pain. Figured it'd go away, but this wasn't a sharp pain - it was dull on the lower right side of the abdomen. It got progressively worse, and I could hardly walk.

Got into my car and started driving to ER. Halfway there, I started hyperventilating and losing sensation in my hands. I managed to get myself into ER, and the nurse handed me a form to fill out. I barely managed to get my name and phone # written down until I could no longer hold a pen or focus.

My back muscles were extremely tightened and I was shaking uncontrollably. 2 doses of morphine and 1 dose of some other ♥♥♥♥ I can't remember calmed me down, followed by another dose of morphine later when the pain started to come back. Xray, CT scan revealed kidney stone.

Seriously I've never felt this much pain in my life before.

nope, have to pee it out (great!). they gave me a little filter to piss through and everything. Morphine was done via IV... but I do have a bottle of oxycodone (generic percacet)

You should have said HUGE filter:mrgreen:

Hope you give birth soon.

I've had kidney problems and I can attest to the unexplainable pain that can be caused by the kidney's. I ended having mine removed last fall. Life's been great since.

Drink lots of cranberry juice (min a glass a day) and it will help with the deterioration of the kidney stones.

oh and i have about 110tabs of oxy leftover from my surugry just sitting around..lol.. it was the only thing that would take the pain away for me in the end..

I had an almost identical experience two years ago. I was alone, it was very late, the pain became unbearable and I drove myself to the ER. After several morphine injections and the passing of four hours, I was too wrecked and could no longer stand to attempt to pass the stone. I gladly allowed the nurse to install a catheter and the stone passed through. Man, what a trip! Way too much pain!

My worst was when I slipped a disc about a month ago. Well slipped it twice in a week and a half span. It was worse the second time because the area was already swollen. Grabbed anything that I could hang onto when it happened, don't really remember anything after that for like 5 min and when I was coherent, I was in the same position when I was before :P.

I was given oxycodone as well as a girdle (back brace) :P

Be careful of the percacet! When I shattered my foot a couple years ago, they gave me three days' worth with the option of getting more. My car just died, my wife had left me, I had to get rid of our dog, and now I had a club foot and was really depressed. A little percacet, and I was back on top! Felt like a million bucks!

It was everything I could do to just not get get a refill. :(

Ive had Kidney stones as well...pissed out 3 of them! Nothing to look forward too......

Sorry to hear about your misfortune....... Now Hybridz will be bombarded with more links to crazy web sites......:mrgreen:

Get well soon!:burnout:

Aux, man sometimes I wonder about you---dude! That's horrible. I can't imagine that amount of pain to be in. I hope you pass the thing very soon and the pain just goes away. I have heard they can shatter the stone with sound waves, but I have never looked into it. I hope you get better soon!!

The worst pain I had was trying to jump from a very large industrial-sized dumpster to a parking lot car stall roof and instead going headfirst onto the pavement where I broke my arm and had a slight concussion from my head hitting the pavement. Why do that, you ask? I was 2 years old; it was my job to do stupid things.

Davy

I haven't had the displeasure, but my boss had a bunch of them in a row at a job I had probably 15 years ago. I remember him laying on the shop floor writhing in agony. Not fun. Later I heard that it's more painful than giving birth, according to women who had done both. So next time you hear a woman say something about how painful giving birth is, you'll have something to say back (small consolation).

I haven't had the displeasure, but my boss had a bunch of them in a row at a job I had probably 15 years ago. I remember him laying on the shop floor writhing in agony. Not fun. Later I heard that it's more painful than giving birth, according to women who had done both. So next time you hear a woman say something about how painful giving birth is, you'll have something to say back (small consolation).

2 words and it's "scientifically proven" to be worse than childbirth....Testicular Torsion. It's happened to me twice, not fun.

Sorry to hear about the stones, hope you're feelin better soon.