HybridZ

Audi eat your heart out! - LED lights

cygnusx1

Opinions please. I found these really cheap 12volt ultra bright, and ultra thin SMD strips, embedded in a silicone strip, with self adhesive backing. I bought two 12" strips, but they come in 24", and more I think. They use almost no current. They are white light but appear slightly blue. The camera exaggerates the blue. http://www.performance-pcs.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=72_107&products_id=24355

I have been nearly killed a couple of times when people come across the double yellow in broad daylight. Yes, the Z's are small, especially in silver, especially when other drivers are in SUV's on their phone!

How does this look? I think it looks phenominal. It really pops out those headlight buckets for daytime running lights.

561039531_8Mntd-XL.jpg

561040824_Pq9B6-XL.jpg

561039217_Dozos-L.jpg

561041151_ocks7-XL.jpg

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it would look cool if you could do a full circle, the way it is and like the Audi...it looks incomplete. Think of the e39 BMW rings in the healights....sexy!

Try the driver side out so we can compare the full circle vs half circle.

PS, I do like how you can not see it during the normal lighting...came out betta than I thought.

I tried the full circle but it's too much. I also tried just the top half. The bottom half give the best reflections inside the bucket. It makes the glass lens and reflector of the headlight really sparkle.

I am working on wiring them to the side markers. Running the thin wires back through the headlight case.

Yes, I might be guilty of "bling" but I am also doing it for safety.

I like the second one. Nice photochopping. I already stuck them down like the original photos. I can peel them up and re-stick them if I get bored with them. The wire just pushed through the gap under the headlight bucked and was long enough the reach the connectors in front of the radiator following the original side marker wires. This CAN'T be an easier install! Now I need to figure out how to splice in the wires non-destructively.

I tried the full circle but it's too much. I also tried just the top half. The bottom half give the best reflections inside the bucket. It makes the glass lens and reflector of the headlight really sparkle.

I am working on wiring them to the side markers. Running the thin wires back through the headlight case.

Yes, I might be guilty of "bling" but I am also doing it for safety.

If you end up doing the wiring please post up a quick how to. I have been waiting to do something like this for some time now, and this would work out perfectly!!! Nice setup by the way!

Thanks guys...this is the coolest $30 i have spent on the car...well maybe not as cool as the mechanical boost controller for $6...

Yes those are 14 year old sealed beam halogens. The wiring...well there is none. I just opened up the connector for the side marker, tucked in the ends of the tiny wires, and snapped the connector shut tight around the wires. Ghetto but works, and is still weather-tite.

Pictures don't do it justice. But here is a photo after I completed both sides.

561349502_Js232-XL.jpg

561350142_unPKA-XL.jpg