HybridZ

Video of my crash

stony

Finally got some good footage of the crash!!! well not that its good or nothing. you can really see the hard right turn it did during the wheel stand.

Hindsight says as soon as i felt it going right i should have let out and turned away from the wall. but when i initially came down i had plenty of room to stay in it and steer. Didn't take into account the fact that when the front end came down the first time it bounced and i wasn't able to steer till it was 2 late. I had 2 choices. hit the rail with the front of the car or stay in it and try and bring it around. you can see the you can see the option i took :icon56:

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v288/stony7/?action=view&current=ClintStoneham2008-08-31.flv

Hey stony, glad everything being propelled by the car is still in one piece and reworkable. heck you could have done a couple more runs after that and could'a redeemed yourself!

despite losing it on the landing, i think you got out with nary a scratch.

LOL Clint. I experienced the same thing at SEZ 6 but got out of it. Hard call to make on the fly. It gets alot worse when it breaks loose mid track on the 1-2 shift! :mrgreen: That happened also at SEZ 6 but it's nice that when you lift the big slicks grab and straighten it all out.

I had the same thing happen when I first started in the Monte SS and I stayed in it and almost kissed the wall, so I'll bet that'll be the last time you do that. As they say better to lift and race again than NOT!

Edited by dr_hunt

I could have saved it if i didst stay in it. no steering is what caused it. Initially when i saw is was not going in the right direction there was lots of room. AKRP has huge lanes compared to most tracks I have seen. But i was competing against a friend and you know how that goes win at all cost. You can hear in the video and see in the pics i stayed in it for quite along time after i hit the rail but common sense got to me eventually.

• 2 weeks later...