HybridZ

need some color help for spoiler airdam

big-phil

car is going to be sublime (lime green)

flares, and tail light surround will be flat black.

What color should I paint the airdam, hood vents, and spoiler?

airdam green, hood vents black spoiler black, or all of them black? or spoiler and airdam green hood vents black, or all green??

as of now I told the painter to paint it all flat black

So, while we're waiting... What's your current motor setup? [if you don't mind sharing]

ha ha ha, sorry I was trying to post a poll, but screwed it up?

rc 750cc injectors

gt35r turbo

4 inch exhaust

aeromotive A-1000 fuel pump

stock turbo motor 2mm metal head gasket

What motor do you have all that on?????

I need paint color help!!!!

look at this video for the motor set up, in the video I drive the car and spin 3 gears at 17 lbs of boost, spraying methanol at 4:47 into the video I drive it.

oh yea i remembered that you said that you have rotas to put on that...do you wanna sell the rims that are on it??? And you should paint those parts black also..

I have a local friend that says he wants to buy them? If not then yes I do.

I personally think every thing should be green. even the flares. I was contemplating painting my flairs black when i painted my car. When i painted them body color and bolted them on i couldnt of been happier. In my opinion it makes it look much more like the flares where supposed to be there, and not just thrown on after. I do think the hood vents could be a flat black or even better probably a graphite color. But i would say paint the flares green and then its easy to paint them black afterwards if you dont like it.

Back to the topic at hand,

I think the Vents and Flairs should be black, the rest of the car stay green. The black vents and flairs would accent the green nicely and should break up the giant board of a body panel that is the Z hood. If the spoiler and air damn are left flat black it def. gives of a bit of an "I just added these last night" kind of vibe, IMO.

Ok you know how I feel about black...

But. Paint the flares/airdam/vents green. Lime green with black is too strong of a contrast. The black looks better with darker colour. I know Myron's car looks good, and its black and white, but black and white is a bit of a different situation. (both are neutrals)

Black airdams on a non black car look "bolt on" unfinished, kinda low budget racer, old skool, rat rod. Pick your term. Not insulting, but it is a "look" Just like how I am removing my lawn edging air dam extension.

Good luck with your choice

Scott