HybridZ

Living the American dream

auxilary

Only in Jersey, would one sue Denny's for having salty foods. of course, this is america, so NOT eating is definitely out of the question

Denny's Sued Over High Sodium Content in Food

Friday, July 24, 2009

Denny's restaurants are being sued by a New Jersey resident and a nonprofit consumer group claiming that many of the chain's meals contain more than a day's worth of sodium, the Los Angeles Times reported Friday.

Nick DeBenedetto, a 48-year-old resident of Tinton Falls, N.J., and the Center for Science in the Public Interest filed the suit Thursday in New Jersey Superior Court in Middlesex County. The lawsuit claims the meals "are dangerously high in sodium."

DeBenedetto takes medicine to control blood pressure and is seeking class-action status for the suit.

South Carolina-based Denny's Corp. called the suit "frivolous and without merit," the L.A. Times reported on its Web site.

"With hundreds of items on the menu, Denny's offers a wide variety of choices for consumers with different lifestyles, understanding that many have special dietary needs," said the company, which has about 1,500 restaurants nationwide.

The suit contains data about some of the chain's high-salt meals.

The Meat Lover's Scramble, for example, which contains cheese, eggs, bacon, diced ham and sausage, and comes with more meat on the side as well as hash browns and pancakes has 5,690 milligrams of sodium — the equivalent of nearly three days' advised maximum salt intake.

Guest Rolling Parts

"Nick DeBenedetto (48, takes medicine to control blood pressure) and the Center for Science in the Public Interest (who has long sought to change public opinion and public policies) filed the suit Thursday ..."

So these boneheads want us use the COURTS to change OUR lives because of THEIR situation?

Here is a hint, Nick should eat what he needs and leave the rest of us ALONE.

If you know that the ham/sausage/bacon cheese omelet probably has a lot of salt, DON'T ORDER IT!

Am I crazy or were the court originally set up to UPHOLD the law, not CREATE the law?

There're some studies made about salt a little bit everywhere. Companies are suspected to add salt/sodium to their food to oblige people to drink on the side.

In other word, big companies might destroy health of people in order to make more profit with other side products (who is thinking about Coca Cola???)

So this law suit does not surprise me.

Guest Rolling Parts
Companies are suspected to add salt/sodium to their food to oblige people to drink on the side.

Listen, there is no conspiracy here. Anyone that orders a HAM and SAUSAGE and BACON omlette should know that those meats are cured and preserved in SALT. Anyone that's ever made hot cakes already knows that SALTS are used in the base recipe. Hash browns are made with onions and salt.

Well guess what, if you ORDER up a breakfast that has all of that on one plate, it has a lot more salt than if you had ordered the melon slices. Blaming Denny's because they are serving something that other people want and other people can eat is not going to "teach a lesson" to anyone except that Nick DeBenedett is a selfish aszhole.

I did not say it was not some BS stuff.

I'm well aware about that and I believe it is stupid to sue Denny' for that.

What I say is it is not the first time salt is an issue.

What they say is some product have more salt than required to create some new needs.

Guest Rolling Parts

What I say is it is not the first time salt is an issue.

Salt is not an "issue" you can sue over if it makes food taste good. The same is true with sugar, butter, white flour, eggs, alcohol, meat, etc. Suing a diner because the food they server tastes good is S T U P I D.

If you can't eat salts; don't sue Denny's.

If you are lactose intolerant; don't sue Blue Bell.

If you have high cholesterol; don't sue Nabisco.

If you are obese; don't sue Coca Cola.

Just because this bozo knows he has a medical condition does not mean the the whole frikken world needs to adapt and conform TO HIM.

:lol: :lol: your comments crack me up!

I like salt as well. I like also chocolate, coke, candies, coffee, beers... Unfortunately I'm not bored enough to sue everydoby.

I wish I was dreaming about aspargus or cabbage when I'm hungry... I could sue them also anyway, they are using too much pesticide which turns me out of vegetables... I eat chocolate instead and become big :D

America, the Land of Opportunity.

Anyone can make it good, all they need is a dodgy lawsuit.

Like a lot of things, good and bad, this sort of thing started in the USA but is no longer restricted to that country. It often boils down to the fact that some people would rather lay blame elsewhere than consider their own actions.

Like a lot of things, good and bad, this sort of thing started in the USA but is no longer restricted to that country. It often boils down to the fact that some people would rather lay blame elsewhere than consider their own actions.

Very true. Few people make themselves accountable for their own actions.

You're killin' me, Alex! :2thumbs:

Oh, and in America you can sue whomever you wish... doesn't mean you won't be setting yourself up for a counter suit, or that you will win your own suit. If someone wishes to piss their money away on ignorant issues that cast one's ignorance off on other's, so be it... Guess it "IS" the Amorican way! :roll:

Mike :cool:

This was published in Times New Roman