HybridZ

S130 big intercooler install problem. help.

i got a big intercooler a few weeks ago an all the piping {custom to fit}.

but there's a problem, the hing's an rods that are on the botom of the inside of the hood are hitting the top of the intercooler so i have herd of people taking the rod's off an an "the hing's" to solve this problem. but im looking at it an dont see how i can do this? i pulled on the rodes an could see that the would move but were vary vary tight should i pull those off?

is there a post of the question im asking? i looked but couldn't find any.

i hope im explaning this to were yall can understand what im asking.

Thanks.

Chris M.

Trumpet had to do that when he put his FMIC in.

There is a hood support on the S30 that holds the hood up if you don't have those 'hinges' [Not sure about the S130?]

They are in there tight but they do come out. I had to take them off of a 78 I parted out.

i got a big intercooler a few weeks ago an all the piping {custom to fit}.

but there's a problem, the hing's an rods that are on the botom of the inside of the hood are hitting the top of the intercooler so i have herd of people taking the rod's off an an "the hing's" to solve this problem. but im looking at it an dont see how i can do this? i pulled on the rodes an could see that the would move but were vary vary tight should i pull those off?

is there a post of the question im asking? i looked but couldn't find any.

i hope im explaning this to were yall can understand what im asking.

Thanks.

Chris M.

Your grammar and english is horrible.....

hing is actually spelt "hinge"

rodes is actually spelt "rods"

yall is actually spelt "you all"

herd is actually spelt "heard"

Anyway....you really should post a picture of what the intercooler looks like, before we can assist you with your mounting issues. Other considerations:

1) Is your air conditioning and all associated components still installed?

2) Is your clutch fan still installed?

3) Is your factory air box still installed?

4) What are the dimensions of the Intercooler?

5) Is the Intercooler cross flow?

If you think mounting the intercooler is tricky wait until you try running the piping.

Yasin

Ya i got the rods off.

lol funny story, i took to hud off the car an layed in down. Then took both the hinges off with the rodes still on an tossed it into the grass an they came flying off...haha it works. so the itercooler will fit, but like zxtman was say the pipping is going to be fun. i got the pipping that came with the intercooler an it was custom made to fit a "280z" so its a little off but not by much. So i will have to cut some bigger holes an just custom fit it.

Im going to post pictures.

P.S. I am not taking my A/C out. And im putting a electric fan in so that should get me some more room.

lol funny story, i took to hud off the car an layed in down.

That is pretty funny... you removed the Heads Up Display and placed it on some feathers? Probably a good idea for such a delicate instrument.

Seriously, I'm not trying to be mean or to pick on you, but as Yasin already pointed out, you need to put more effort into your writing on this forum (Hybridz rule #5). Nobody is expecting college level essays, but you should at least spell basic words like "hood" and "and" (not "an") properly. Try using Firefox as your browser. It will at least check your spelling as you type.

Nigel

'73 240ZT

• 2 weeks later...
Since this is an online forum, there is a possibility that his native language is not English.

However my head also hurts pretty bad from those post's.

Infractions: 0/2 (30)

:icon11: