HybridZ

new video of me driving the sublime 280z

big-phil

Ive been real busy with life, but here is a video I made today on the way home from a dance my daughter did in town.

I guess I'll have to get a bigger external wastegate? I'm going to try porting, and smoothing the sharp corners of it first while putting my ported head and Isky cam on.

Yup, Sublime IS faster!! I can feel the G forces in the video. I was getting pushed back into my desk chair!

Try a little experiment. Lower the boost or raise it and see if the creep-to point changes also. What will that tell you? I have no idea, but if someone else can finish my thought...

Yup, Sublime IS faster!! I can feel the G forces in the video. I was getting pushed back into my desk chair!

Try a little experiment. Lower the boost or raise it and see if the creep-to point changes also. What will that tell you? I have no idea, but if someone else can finish my thought...

ha ha, My boost controller can be set so the boost doesn't come on as fast to the max setting. That pretty much will fix the problem BUT if I have is set at 17 it gets there slower. It looked like I maxed at about 21lbs? I can deal with that. If I turn the controller off then 9lbs is my setting, then she wants to climb to 15ish? as the rpm get higher. If porting wont do it I might try a 44mm wastegate? But I'd have to find an adapter that size. So I may live with it?

not sure? Its hard to get away from work, I'd have to pay someone to run my route.

Yeah I'm not sure I'm going to make it either, and I live in the area. Maybe i'll try to make one of those track days that Chris keeps telling my about the day before they happen. :)

During the run where you were focused on the tach (2:33)... it was bouncing during acceleration - more than I think it should. Is that a result of the boost creep, or could it be causing the creep? Take a log with megasquirt to see what manifold pressure, RPM, and throttle position are doing.

I'm suprised that a 38mm gate can't keep up with the air you are pushing. I know that Tial 38mm gates are used in 500 hp applications all over the place.

Do you have a mechanical boost gauge? If so, is it tapped in the same line with your wastegate? Do you have a restrictor in the line going to the gauge? It might cause some issues with the wastegate controlling things if the gauge is pulling some of the air. It will act like a bleeder.

Typically creep will get you to the same boost no matter where your gauge is set. It seems odd that you can turn the boost level down and it creeps to a lower number as well.

Phill, I rounded the inside of my WG port the best I could with my dremel(it wasnt much since mine is welded on and I can't get at it from the other side). I will be dropping my turbo motor in hopefully within 2-3 weeks, so I will let you know if I get any creepz. Sounds amazing by the way. That is some good footage for a phone camera, what phone do you have?