My first Z!

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey guys!

Mostly I've just be driving the car every day to work about 50 miles round trip.

I did put some new interior bits and a stereo in... loving driving it - little too much fun in the rain though. Mostly just the hard tires and open diff + light rear end :D

I did just contact beta motor sports about their JZ weld in subframe ($350) and am just a few pay checks away from having enough extra cash for a 1jz complete swap ($2100+ misc)

Also getting the Supra ready for daily driver status as the Z will be down for at least a month or two....

what tire size do you have sketch?

They came with it, but they are 225 60 14.

Went for a spirited drive today (first time the roads have been dry for nearly 2 weeks) around some seldom used winding levy roads ... had a BLAST! Hardest I've been on the car since I've owned it and it did everything I asked and expected it to do. I half expected to throw a rod but the l28 is stout and didn't complain one bit.

Cornering grip is good even with the crappy tires and massive sidewalls.

Higher speed maneuvering and small adjustments leave the car feeling a bit unsettled and slightly unpredictable. I believe that a full bushing kit coupled with some better tires/rims will mostly cure that.

The open diff is another major limitation... LSD isn't just a desire but mandatory in the cars future.

Hit the streets with the supra later - what a difference between these cars. Not only in refinement and power, but the feeling and soul. I enjoy driving them both equally but for different reasons.

Pic from earlier... MX-6 is my wife's. She'll get a new car when that dies but that probably wont be for a while. Thing won't quit!

dryday.jpg

That's all for now.