HybridZ

Calling all oldies, share some of your 60's psychedelic songs

josh817

Hi, I'm only 18, 1990's child. I'm a young gun showing interest in your music from almost a half a century ago. Please don't feel bad, I still love you flower children.

I really really like this song, to an extent where its stuck in my head:

If any of you want to share more of that lovely stuff I'm all ears. I love all types of music minus yodeling. :icon56:

I have a whole calzone with two cannolis. Supply me with things to do while I get fat.

Tony, did you know I was waiting for you to arrive. I saw you've been active in this nontech section and knew you were going to share some wisdom.

Notice how I'm avoiding that one word.

Oh god Tony, I saw the recent video, that dude is falling apart. Not as bad as bad as the Rolling Stones... I'll just leave this picture here to show what I mean:

rolling_stones_signed.jpg

Just a couple here for you....

Pictures of Matchstick Men - Status Quo

Pushin Too Hard - The Seeds

Psychotic Reaction - The Count Five

Friday On My Mind - The Easybeats

Heaven And Hell - The Easybeats

Valleri - The Monkees

Open My Eyes - The Nazz

Dirty Water - The Standells

Paint It Black - The Rolling Stones

Tomorrow Never Knows - The Beatles

Greg

I took my kid to see Ian Anderson. I think it damaged him...

When he went to see Kansas and BOC it didn't do any better!

When he showed up one day with a 'GWAR' T-Shirt on I busted out laughing and said THOSE guys are STILL around?

After that comment, he started raiding my CD Stack, and found out there was music in there.

Then again, he took Frank Zappa's "Yellow Shark" into Music Appreciation Day in his 7th Grade Music Class. THe instructor confiscated it, ripped it, then waited for me to pick him up at school to thank me for letting him bring it in! When you see your son standing by the curb with the Music Teacher and a CD in his hand...its "Oh MAN! He took George Clinton in, and not that orchestral Zappa!" LOL

Contractors at the house were shocked when he was 6 and knew 'Atomic Dog'...

Am I a bad parent? LOL

Am I a bad parent? LOL

Nah, my Dad had both my step brother and I singing Werewolves in London by the time we hit 4...

I guess we're just not a big music family. :icon45:

Dear lord I just heard Pictures of Matchstick Men. The only version I heard was Ozzy's... I feel like he slaughtered that after hearing this...

I took my kid to see Ian Anderson. I think it damaged him...

Am I a bad parent? LOL

I know I was damaged. But it was pretty difficult not to get a little "damaged" at the Jethro Tull Concert, and this was an outdoor event. It must have looked like a wild fire from outside of the pavillion.

You probably arent a bad parent, you have contributed to creating a kid that at least knows the difference between music.... and whatever the emo-goth-pretty, sensitive vampire loving, egomaniacal product placing orchestrated self flaggelating/ego masturbating GARBAGE that is "new rock"...

Kinda proud of the insult to current trendy music there... It could use a touch more adverb though.

Joe

Did I just hear you describe music with the verb, masturbating?

Listen to this, its music for emo-goth-pretty-masturbatory men:

http://dumpalink.com/videos/Death-metal-bowser-s-castle-theme.html

Because I knew you would love it! Haha I love the part where he's headbanging while playing a game.:trippen:

EDIT:

No wait! I found something that fits your description PERFECTLY!

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1pqvn_cradle-of-filth-nymphetamine_music

If you can make it through the entire song without raging, I will salute you.

If any of you want to share more of that lovely stuff I'm all ears. I love all types of music minus yodeling.
What's that about yodeling???

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpV5InLw52U

As Hank would say...that boy just ain't right. The band rocked though. Lot of technique there. But damn...that was the 70's.

60's psychedelia Texas style...

These guys were from my neighborhood