HybridZ

Cost of having motor pro assembled

Negligence

I searched around and could not really find what I was looking for, if someone knows of a thread please shoot it in my direction

I wanted to know the cost of a shop to assemble a motor and any machine work costs as well.

The pricing im looking for is strictly for labor. I would keep the car a 2.8 and would be putting forged internals in and provide all parts necessary for the rebuild.

Also, im in NJ anywhere in driving distance where i can get this done?

Thanks in advance and sorry if this has been posted elsewhere, if it has, please just refer me over to said thread

Pete

On the low side, to have a long block completely assembled using your parts would be anywhere from $1-8k depending on the shop and their experience with the L-series.

:iagree: with hoov100. The key is finding a shop with experience. Do you have any Z guys with experience around?

:iagree: with hoov100. The key is finding a shop with experience. Do you have any Z guys with experience around?

Yea i do, was just trying to get a ballpark cause i may or may not have a place to work on the motor and dont want to impose on anyone's garage.

Maybe you should go talk to a shop about it...

Yea i got quoted 450 for everything by a shop down in VA that I found through searching the forums

I prob wont end up going there but its still a good ballpark for what i should expect to pay

the 450 includes boiling the block, testing it, installing everything all machine work etc

I dont think its that bad of a quote.

i was quoted 1400 with parts for mine here in texas. 1k is reasonable depending on what they do, for instance port and polishing the head and if they are able to do yoour crank in shop or ship it out. Assymbling an engine really isnt that hard, its all the other tedious things getting it ready and hot tanking etc etc that cost you the most.

i was quoted 1400 with parts for mine here in texas. 1k is reasonable depending on what they do, for instance port and polishing the head and if they are able to do yoour crank in shop or ship it out. Assymbling an engine really isnt that hard, its all the other tedious things getting it ready and hot tanking etc etc that cost you the most.

Actually all that was included in the 450 (not the headwork or crank work tho) but having the motor boiled and tested and cleaned up were all included in the 450 price quote, it may have been 510 for having the block stress tested as well, but still, not a bad price, I'm gonna look for a shop near me in NJ-Westchester to do it all. Now I just have to decide on internals etc :)

thats a steal =D I need to find a shop like that here in town lol.

well a local shop here in southern Oregon will rebuild my motor also port n polish well pretty much make it look like new again but will come out better than stock they did an estimate around $1,000-1,500 which Is not too bad my friends old school corolla got it's engine pro assembled there for about 1,300

That is a pretty good deal @ $450 for basic "correct" assembly, bear in mind what you are going for-ie. street car, double duty, racecar? The difference in "pro assembled" & "pro built" is about $3,500 in labor here. Find a "How To Modify Datsun L Series" book & the "How to Rebuild Datsun L Series" book on Amazon.com and compare the content to the other to see what most of us have done, or have had done to our engines. Happy reading, (spending), same thing....