HybridZ

Josh needs a checklist of things to do before he moves in with a woman for the first time

josh817

Besides, you will never get your hands in that cam!

:rolleyes: I have a separate Z fund. Going with Isky and the head is at the machine shop getting guides pressed out and chambers welded. I'm not sure why I'm investing in another head. Its just fun. Lol

Edited by josh817

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This is the non tech section, rule 1 doesn't apply.. Also, Josh was supposed to search on what to do about moving in with a female? lol.

Oh I wasn't talking about the rules in hybridz, They were talking about another forum and I made a reference to that.

Edited by 19752802+2

The Great Debate: B for sure. A is a no-go.

Why was there no commentary on the picture of Zoolander she had on her bed/desk thing?

BTW does she know you [like the rest of us] are unhealthily obsessed with old rusty Datsuns? Best let her know before it surprises her.

And guys... I don't think this is a romantic relationship. Which would make this whole conversation really awkward. ;)

Edited by FlatBlack

Truth be told, she's mega-attractive, and soon we'll live together which means only one thing...

Actually I haven't a clue what it means but its way better then living with my mom. I know some of you guys are looking for a place to jab me and say my mom is mega-hott and you'd rather have her as a roommate. :malebitch

If you are actually looking for advice then here is my .02...

Set up ground rules based on consideration for each other ahead of time...

Ex: In return for trying to leave the toilet seat down, she agrees no hose/feminine products draped all over the bathroom.

Let her know your pet peeves about your sister if she doesn't already know, and if she has brother(s) that do things that bother her, get her input on what her gripes with him/them. Figure a way to try and live together even for only a short time.

It may be that something will grow out of the situation, so try being a mensch instead of a hoser with her and at least keep her as a friend.

She's definitely a bit of all right looking and you definitely shouldn't even THINK about screwing up her opinion of you as a roommate/friend due to lack of consideration - think of moving out and never seeing her for the rest of your life - or even worse, having her tell stories of your peccadilloes to whoever will listen...

Goop, or whatever else works well waterless with paper towels has saved my marriage - I'm 3/4 clean before seeing the sink. I also use latex or some other work gloves a lot to keep grime off the hands as much as possible - but this can be clumsy at times and there will always be grime.

NOTE: Using gloves cuts down on the time you spend lazing around using a knife to clean under you fingernails - this greatly aids them in feeling okay with your being around - especially if you're not married to them.

One of the things I have learned from several relationships, a marriage of 8 years and the current one at 20 is the older I have gotten the more I have thought about my actions in advance - and not just about girls. Part of this is hoping to not have to do something over again, thus saving time and energy - which I definitely have less and less of the older I get - just never thought about it when I was young (say college and a few years after), never thought I'd live to be as old as I am, and just wanted to score big at whatever I was into at the moment and to hell with the consequences.

It may seem to sound like what your parents would say, know what? - you're right. That doesn't make them automatically wrong.

I grew up in the 60's, was at Woodstock, rebelled at what my father said and actually was stupid enough to let him know how wrong he was about being quick to judge based on what seemed scant knowledge/observation, and he simply said that one day I will call him up and tell him he was right.

I did, after I was out in the real world and learned what to look for.

I am hoping that even though I'm old enough to be your grandparent you will accept this small bit of advice from a former and still bit of a rebel that has learned a lot since school - especially what is most important in life - relationships - between yourself and everyone you come in contact with.

Tis type of attitude is not conducive to becoming matujre

Truth be told, she's mega-attractive, and soon we'll live together which means only one thing...

just tell her its morning wood, or you had a dream about your z.

I feel as though I just became a prime example of what brad-man just said not to be, so I'll redeem myself a little and put in some actual thought envoked response.

He just gave you the best advice you could ask for, and I strongly suggest you listen to what 50% of the guys in here have told you.

Edited by Two80z4me

just tell her its morning wood, or you had a dream about your z.

I feel as though I just became a prime example of what brad-man just said not to be, so I'll redeem myself a little and put in some actual thought envoked response.

He just gave you the best advice you could ask for, and I strongly suggest you listen to what 50% of the guys in here have told you.

Because I like your avatar, I'll listen to you which means I'll listen to Brad-Man. Lol

What sort of good internet is around as well as electricity. Almost all of the apartments have no internet service and then some have you paying electric. I asked my mom how much electricity usually is in the Texas heat and she said with an apartment the size of my sisters (which will be close to mine) its no more then $100. School starts Aug. 27 so the heat should start to mellow out at the end of October anyway.

I'm worried about service contracts though. Good internet service at a good price typically comes in 1 or 2 year contracts, right? Don't need anything fancy but also don't want anything morbidly slow. I think 2-3MB down and I don't care how many MB up will work just fine without me going crazy... in comparison to 15 down here at home with FIOS. :(

30thxyh.jpg

Edited by josh817

Some cable companies have slower speeds, 1m/5m, no contracts. Fios is slow there. 15m?

I use wireless, however, it is slow and so full of smoke and mirrors.......(i have cable tripple play here. Cable offers deals for 6mos to one year with no contracts.)

Haha have fun. Ask her if she likes Z cars. If she says no, then tell her she's fat.

Voted best post 2010! As for the whole thing. I act like I do on the internet around girls a lot of the time. Most of the time it makes them laugh, at me or with me is still a good thing. As for the shower, washing arms doesn't always keep it clean. I work in a shop 10-11 hours a day. Washing arms is no good. I cant really get clean if I don't wash my entire body like 2 times minimum with strong soap. I almost have to shower with fast orange! Just clean the shower, I think the bathroom would be a huge killer while living with a girl. Don't let the toilet get all nasty and don't make her clean it. General neatness while maintaining being a guy should be alright.

One more thing, you must run it as close to home as you can. Take forever how the systems all work.

I don't get what you are saying. Here in Keller we have the slowest option FIOS offers. We don't need anything more.

For the dirt, you would be amazed. After doing my tranny (I said tranny again) I was dirty UNDER my clothes. That was a first. When I use to have long hair, it would cake into a hat. You'd get to play the game of see how brown and black you can make the water, another one I found exceedingly fun was see how many time you can wash your hair and still have the water turn a different color. :trippen: