HybridZ

What do you do?

BluDestiny

Hey everyone, I don't know if we have a thread like this, but what does every member do as their job and how they got into Z's(I know this second question has been asked)? We have a wide range of people from highschoolers to professional engine builders from all over the country. So

For starters I'm a College Student at Embry Riddle in Daytona Beach FL right now, going for my Electrical engineering BA and doing Air Force ROTC.

I got into Z's when my friend gave me his 81' 280zx with a blown motor for free! and soon after I got myself a 260z as well.

Also you don't have to/shouldn't put any kind of personal info in this if it makes you uncomfortable.

Forgot to add I'm 20 right now and I got my first ZX when I was 16 and the 260z when I just turned 17. My brother got me into cars, he drives the Type R in my sig pic.

Edited by BluDestiny

I do sales and marketing work for a company in Livermore, CA.

I bought my first Z when I was 17 I believe. A 1990 300ZX. I loved it and is why I have stuck with the Z cars.

I then bought a 2003 350Z and owned it for about 2 years.

Fast forward to now, I am 24 and recently purchased my 1972 240Z. This car will never be sold.

Dude, Blu Destiny I live in Ormond. I go to Seabreeze High School. Do you have any special car that you drive? I may have seen it around.

Oh and to answer the original question, I'm a 16 year old student in high school studying to become a mechanical engineer. I got into Z's when my dad got a 240z on trade for some work and he gave it to me as a project car. I've been into Z's for almost 2 years now.

Edited by turboHLS30

My Z car had been sitting in the driveway my entire life. When it came time to drive, I had no car so my parents asked if I wanted to drive the datsun. I really didn't want it but being 16 and desperate to drive and not really having any other options I agreed. Got it started after replacing the fuel pump.

Then I started to look at pictures online and realized how dope this car was. I decided I would redo the interior and paint it....about 4 years later its still not painted :mellow: Now that I think about it I could have had a pretty sweet looking e36 by now( with all the money Ive spent on the z), but I wouldn't know the first thing about a car. Amazing what a change a car can make in your life, anyways...

I have been working in construction for a while. Dropped out of school and have no plans to go back. Future plans are for me and my brothers to buy a house in a couple years(or whenever the market hits absolute rock bottom) and fix it up.

Hi, I am Kinser Hair, I am 18 years old as of a week today. I am currently a senior in High School participating in some Ivy Tech Community College courses. I plan to go to IUPUI to major in Mechanical Engineering, as well as Minor in Motor Sports Engineering. I currently work at Discount Tire Co. in Plainfield, Indiana. I got into z's when I was 15 because I was all about drifting, I wanted a cheap RWD car, was looking for a Nissan. My mom came across a 76 280z for 500 bucks. I found this site, ditched the drifting, fell in love.

I am Kinser Hair and I am a Z-oholic.

B)

Edited by ModernS30

I'm 17 and I live in Colorado springs, In the Old Colorado City district or the Westside whichever you prefer to call it. I have lived here a few months I work at the Discount Tire on 8th Street and I'm studying to get my GED and start college a little early, I plan on taking some Economics and probably some business for now (I want to start my own business eventually) I plan on taking some welding and other fun courses later.

I have always been around cars since I was a kid and The first car I remember my family having was a 1967 Ford LTD 4 Door with a 390. We took it to car shows a lot and that mainly sparked my interest in cars, My dad was a home mechanic and had a lot of mechanic friends so I was always exposed to that. I decided to buy my first project car when I was 14 I didn't know what I was going to get but I saw a 75' 2+2 one day on the way to church and picked it up for $350, I'm on my second Z now (first was rusty, bought new better shell, swapped motors) I know have owned a Z for 3+ years and almost done with my current one, and thats how I got into the Datsun scene.

Hey guys, I'm Rafe and I'm currently a senior at Chapman University in Orange, Ca. I'm majoring in Communication Studies with a Public Relations minor. I'd love to work for a car mag or do some type of PR work for a major car company. Currently I do IT work at my college...yes I am at work right now ;)

I got my first Z when I was 16, a '77 280, and it all started there. Fast forward 5 years and I'm on my third Z and am planning a 1JZ or 2JZ swap in the near future.

Ok, I'll bite! My name is Andrew but most call me "milky" because of the pronounciation of my last name. Im 20, and Im currently enrolled at the University of Tennessee studying Mechanical Engineering. I have a middle management position at a local waterpark(unrelated to my major, I know). I have been around cars for since I was able to walk! My involvement in Z-cars was sparked after I started looking around for my first car at the tender age of 15. I began searching 350z's, then stumbled across the picture of an early model Z with the type 3 body kit on MSA's website. I researched the car more and fell in love! I got my first 260Z at 16, swapped a v8 and had a ton of fun! I wrecked the first one and some time later I nabbed my current 260Z from the original owner. That was 2 years ago, how time flies when your spending copious amounts of cash on a car! Anyways, thats pretty much my story!

Hey, my name's Dante, I'm 20, and I would be a junior at Michigan State University had I not had to take this semester off for medical leave. I got diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis over the summer, so that kind of threw a wrench in my life plans, but I'm dealing with it. I got into Zs a couple summers ago after I sold my 300whp boosted CRX and was looking for a RWD platform that wasn't something you see every day. I ended up with a '71 240Z in decent shape that I was able to drive home for $1000. It was supposed to be strictly a project car, but I loved driving it so much that I daily drove it until the alternator went out. I'm in the process of swapping in a 4.6L DOHC V8 from a Cobra, and I'm really hoping I can find the funds this winter to get it out by summer.

I'm Owen, I'm also 20, I go to Rowan University, and would be an ME student, but their program is so hard to get into, and my GPA is so poor, that it's likely not going to happen, and I will likely transfer after spring '11 if all goes well. I have a 1976 280z in pieces (on hold until I know what I'm doing - in over my head) and a 1971 240z that I just got running, although it is a bit rusty. I got into Zs for a few reasons. The first being my parent's 1978 280Z they've had since my moms Comet was found stolen from the airport when my parents returned from their honeymoon. The Z was the replacement, and my mom's new DD. I liked them, but I also liked the idea of modifying cars, but didn't know anything could be done with them until a few years ago when I stumbled on this site, and Austin's 240z, as well as mull's project. Now I'm here with two Zs, a pile of parts, an an old rusty Jeep and I'm way in over my head... but getting there.

Edited by rturbo 930

I'm Tony, and I'm old. I fly around and act interested while people confess their stupidity to me and then blame me, or my company's products for not withstanding their stupidity.

Occasionally we make our own stupid mistakes, and then I get to be yelled at and smile back as I fix it...

It beats sitting in the cubicle, designing brackets for military ground support equipment.

I leave Monday for Someplace 12 hours different than where I am now...

Repeat weekly. :lol:

I'm 41, Systems Analyst, cubicle bound, loved Z's since I took my finger nail off at the age of 5 in the car door! My dad took me and his car up to 100 mph around this time too, no seat belts of course.

My sister ruined my chances of my dad's Z, so at the age of 13 it got sold. Of course it was mint. I looked at a bunch of clean Z's in my late teens, but with my dads dissaproval on all of them we passed. :( I still remember the one I should have bought, ugh!

I like how most of us are in our late teens or twenties and then Tony comes on with "I'm Tony and I'm old." LMAO :D

That sounds like an awesome job btw Tony. I don't want to thread jack but how exactly does that job work out for you? Do you travel around for a certain amount of time and then stay in one place in the states for awhile?

I'm in the Air Force, for the last eight years, in the Intelligence field. I'm not as old as Tony.

I have the same 240Z from high school, which was my dad's, which has boomeranged around and come back to me to be completely revived.

I'm Ryan, and I'm 20. I'm a junior Pacific Lutheran Univeristy in Washington as a chem major. If all goes according to plan I want to get my BS in chem and then go to law school to be a patent attorney. I was originally en route to be a chemical engineer, but I really wasn't enjoying the material, so I switched majors to the only other viable option and revisited my original idea of law. I really enjoy photography as a hobby outside of cars.

I got into Zs when I was 16 and looking for a cheap car that was stick. I wanted something that I could take apart and put back together, since no one in my immediate family had any car knowledge. I was going to teach myself how to work on cars! I found a 79 s130 on craigslist that ran and drove her home with lots of rust and tabs that expired in 2004 for $255! I soon discovered hybridZ and the s30. I picked up three of them from the classifieds here and it's been love ever since!

I guess that makes, "teach self how to work on cars" a success, considering that I'm now intimate with every nut and bolt on my 71! B)

I'm Rhys, 30, still at home with my mom...

Well it's not THAT bad, I'm just part of the labour unit on the family farm, 740 acres of a combination of near vertical hillsides and billiard table flat riverside terraces.

There's a '79 slicktop ZX 2+2 in the hayshed with a V8 crosspiped twin exhaust system installed and an aussie built Cleveland 302 block and crank in the farm workshop that, one day, will go in it, and a '71 froggie sedan in the implenent shed.

I'm addicted to rusty machinery and dream of going fast in it one day...

Meanwhile I aim to leave the farm next year now my Bro has graduated university with a B.Ag.Sci, so he can come play with the cows while I piss off to China for a year with a Dip.TESOL to teach English for a year. Being stuck on the same farm miles from anywhere can be a drag when your favoured location for an animal is next to the mashed potatoes.