HybridZ

Post your Dyno sheets...

logan1

Here is my latest datsun graph:

datsun18psi695hp.jpg

Ignore the weird torque spike. the dyno was acting up. Torque was really about 595.

Do you have the run files? Or did the operator just give you the image? I bet the graph is showed vs speed because if it's set to vs rpm there are gaps in the curve. You should have them try to turn on advanced rpm filtering in the environment options. If you have the actual run files you can try this yourself. That usually fixes the problem. If the rpm signal from the car isn't good it can drop out intermittently. Because of the way torque is calculated if it sees the rpm drop but the force is the same the torque will spike.

It probly isn't the dyno's fault. There may be weird grounding or something going on with your ignition system. I'm sure your car runs fine, but I bet the dyno doesn't do that same thing with most other people's car. Those rpm pickups can be temperamental that way.

This is what my 240z with the modified engine from the previous owner feels like, once i hit 5000 according to the tach and speedo(calculated based on speed on known driveline) it feels like it hit a brick wall and completely runs out of juice.

post-1683-077304000 1298859067_thumb.png

Edited by KillerBjt