HybridZ

LSx s30 Longtube group buy thread

Thanks for the updates! I didn't prepay shipping so I'll be looking for an e-mail first. I'm guessing Blake is going down the list and I'm towards the end.

Not sure your position on the list dictates order of shipping. I was fourth in and one of the earliest to pay however no word yet. Originally mine were to ship with David's to save on shipping cost so I'm not certain where I stand.

Initially I was going to drive the z to the shop to get the work done; dyno [last dyno'd in 2006] to get initial numbers, pull shorties, install longtubes, mate to exhaust, dyno.

The hitch is that my current exhaust is dual 2.5 into single 3 just downstream of the tranny. Since the LT's are 3 outlet I may go dual 3 to single 3. In doing this I'm not certain that won't skew [read increase] the dyno results. In addition, not sure if I want to pay for the install of the LT's when I could easily do it myself while the z is still in storage-also saves down time during the driving season.

Thoughts?

When are you installing yours so we can get some dyno number gains?!?!?! :D

The welds on the merge collectors look really sloppy but it's probably the picture. Can't wait to see mine arrive!

Thanks David for the pics! They look great and thanks again for getting this done. Mine will probably sit until I can do the heads and new exhaust setup.

When are you installing yours so we can get some dyno number gains?!?!?! :D

Or until I steal back my shorties :P

Mine were missing as well-so I called Blake to inquire and remind him that post 1 of this thread [where we listed the criteria-including new oe gaskets, after agreeing to the build with him]. Anyway, he's having difficulty locating them in quantity at a reasonable price. Reinforced that they are part of the agreement / deal / price and he's working on a solution. I am not sure what that will be though. My hopes are he finds them shortly and ships to us soon.

Got my headers today, missing the gaskets though.

post-3848-094663400 1329368367_thumb.jpg

Yes, mine will be for sale shortly, I may also sell the 2.5" t304 ss "Y" pipe that mates to them as well. "Y" pipe is 2.5' dual into a single 3" with a 3 bolt ss flange [which mates to a single 3" pipe to the rear-see pic]. Shorties were purchased from JTR uncoated, then port matched to the exhaust gaskets, cleaned up [weld, slag, etc] at the collector end then Swain Tech white lightning coated. Approximately 10,000 miles on them-all broken in! More pics are in my gallery.

med_gallery_176_1016_1466212.jpg

pm me if you're interested.

Anyone want to sell there shorties? :P

You can purchase these long tubes, suggest you begin by spending some time reading the entire thread and go to post #203 for the builders contact info. You will purchase from him directly, pricing a bit higher than the group buy but significantly less than if you had them built as a one off.

I'm in, unless this deal is over. Need all applicable parts for 70 with ls1

Managed to reduce my nerves a bit today. David was kind enough to tote his LT headers along en route to my area and pass them off so I could do a test fit. Mine have yet to arrive so this at least gives me an indication if I would have to plan on selling mine upon arrival. Good news is they fit with my C5 Corvette motor mount approach. There is a small amount of the passenger side mount that will need to be gound away but this little bit of material doesn't concern me too much. The other thing I wanted to see was if it would be possible to insert the motor from the bottom with headers attached. That's a no go but I will be able to do this with one side mounted and do the other one once the motor is in place. All in all I am pleased and relieved. Now I just need mine to get here.

post-4776-053263300 1330217482_thumb.jpg

post-4776-014569000 1330217504_thumb.jpg

post-4776-054993500 1330217536_thumb.jpg

Here are the instructions that came with my headers-with some slight revisions for clarity. Had Blake email me the pics so I could enlarge them some. The piece which was removed from the left john's engine mount is upside down from the orientation as it was removed. So, if you're trying to visualize where it was removed from simply turn it 180 degrees!

This forum would also be a great place for us to share any efficiencies we discover for our install.

Z LSx Long tube install instructions.doc

Z LSx Long tube install instructions.pdf

Edited by 1 tuff z