HybridZ

Wangan Midnight

DevilZeto

Concerning the Wangan movie (the 650mb file), is it just me, or is that only part of the movie? Seems to be only 30 minutes or so. Or was it a series?

I beleive it was an indpentent film. Much like the original "Gone in 60 Seconds". JDM gone in 60 seconds, lol. Thats why its so short.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Odd ... it should be a sticky in the forums.

Ok' date=' I see what's happened. The link on my forums expired. I'm reloading it to SendSpace as we speak.

From what I've found, these are the specs of the Devil Z:

Engine-

P90A head, F54 block, both sourced from an '83 Turbo 280ZX

Triple Mikuni side-draft carburetors, 47mm bore [?']

Twin Garrett T3/T04 hybrid turbochargers

HKS SuperSequential Blow Off Valve

Custom fabricated intake plenum, 47mm velocity stacks

Custom grind camshaft, 290* duration [?], .510 lift [?]

Forged internals, ceramic coated forged dished pistons [7.4:1 CR]

Claimed 620BHP@6000, TQ unknown

Trans-

Nissan/Borg Warner T5 5-speed, non-"World Class"

Twin-plate Ogura [?] clutch

Diff-

R200 VLSD sourced from '87 300ZX Turbo Special Edition

Suspension/Body-

SSS [speed Shop Shinohara] coilovers, custom valving

Custom sway bars [sSS?]

SSS custom 8-point cage

Takata 5-point harnesses

Bride racing buckets

Brakes-

R32 4-piston front calipers, cross-drilled/slotted 11.5" rotors [F], cross-drilled/slotted 11.5" rotors, calipers unknown

That's all I know, and have found. To the best of my knowledge, the above information is correct, but if something is amiss, please let me know.

Everything with a [?] next to it, I'm unsure of, or have been told by a sketchy resource.

Blah TYPo!

The diff mentioned is a viscous LSD from a special edition "Shiro" 300ZX. They only came in pearl white, including the wheel rims.

If yours came in a red car, chances are it is not a special edition Shiro diff. It's a very desirable clutch type LSD(3.7:1). They are direct bolt in but they can also be upgraded to use CV joints to handle more torque. Search for "300zx LSD", "CV joint" and you'll see.

• 2 weeks later...
Custom fabricated intake plenum, 47mm velocity stacks

I'm pretty sure the car has an HKS plenum. It was hard to get a good look at it but what I saw looked exactly like the plenum HKS sold for the turbo triple carb setup.

Do a search on this site for Wangan Midnight, or Wangan Midnite. You will find plenty of info... Including who you can buy the real life action movies. That's right, it was a series. Not the animated stuff

Odd that I never saw this post...I am the who. See my sig.

• 4 months later...
Concerning the Wangan movie (the 650mb file), is it just me, or is that only part of the movie? Seems to be only 30 minutes or so. Or was it a series?

No its a full length movie that runs about 1 hour and 30 minutes. Its heavily compressed thats why its only 650mb. If you arent seeing the whole movie, maybe your download was cut off, and your are only seeing the part that you managed to download. Theres some stuff after the credits too.

(If you cut out all the non car related scenes its probably around 30 minutes).

Also there is no "original car", as it was based on manga. I dont think there are any pics of the car used in the movie on the net (I've never seen any), but basically any blue 240Z/260Z with ZG flares, a Fairlady grill and fender mirrors would look the same.

There used to be a picture of a car that had a similar setup (triple carb turbo, rhd) but I think it was twin cam. It was like beige or some light color like that. Let me see if I can find it floating around...

*edit*After a lengthy search, I found it. Here is the picture, posted by Speeder(http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=76847&page=2&highlight=twin+cam), but I think it came from Alan (hs30-h) who is a WEALTH of knowledge about all nissan arcana such as mysterious head packages and things of that nature.

AS%20twin-turbo%20TC24%20engine-1.jpg