HybridZ

Wangan Midnight

DevilZeto

Guest Dorifto

Yeah, I've talked to Gollum, he's got the vid for download.

Also, my computer's almost always on as well, and I have LimeWire running, so you can DL the vid there. I think there's three other people hosting it on LimeWire now.

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey just saw the first 15 mins. Just wondering if theres any one here who knows whats going on or speaks japanese? And whos that architect girl? They repeat the scene of her in the Blackbird (the 911 turbo) like 3 times. Post ur thoughts and guesses on the story!!!

Okay so this is my gathering of whats going on, could be completely off. The architect girl is the 911's wife or sister. The owner of the 911 is brothers or really good friends with the owner of the wrecked Z. The original owner of the Z is the brother of the architect girl. I'm assuming the brother (original z owner) died in the Z, tramatizing the architect girl. After that I'm confused about the ending.

Tyson

I've read the manga. The story in the video is similar to the story in the first volume of manga. I don't speak Japanese so I'll just introduce the manga characters briefly, you piece together the story yourself.

Akio : the guy dreamed of driving the Z, he took pictures of it when it zoom past the apartment. Later he found a wrecked Z in the j/y which happens to be the same Z(devil Z) he coveted earlier. The Z was owned by the architect girl's brother who died in a crash while driving the Z.

The Architect girl : "They repeat the scene of her in the Blackbird (the 911 turbo) like 3 times..." No, she was actually in the Z(when she is sitting on the left side of the car, she's in the Z, because the right side of Z is the driver seat). In the manga, the girl's brother often take her for a ride in the Z. She lost her brother when a car accident occured to the Z. Her emotions are strongly attached to her deseased brother(hence the scene of her in the Z to show her memory lingering in the past). In the manga the girl eventually forgets about the sad past and move on(moves to America to study)

The guy in 911 : In the manga he's a young doctor who was a close friend to the architect girl and her brother. When he found out the devil Z is running again, he set out to destroy it in front of the architect girl so the girl will break free from her memories. In the movie, the 911 guy doesn't get a lot of exposure.

The model girl : In the manga her name is Reina. She drives a white skyline R33 and developes a friendship/crush on Akio.

That's pretty much the story in the first vol. of manga(there are more than 30 vol. of manga) The story in the movie could be different.

There is a variation of the story I saw in Japan where it started in black and white (eeh, sepia toned) and the subtitle on the bottom of hte screeen was in Japanese, with the year "1972". It was a much smaller child, and when the Z drives through town, it was like nothing anyone there ever saw before...

That may be the beginning of another Z-Related movie...I'm diseased that way...but it then flashes to the current day, and the guy with the clocks waking up to snap photos of the car... Obsessed from the first time he saw the car, as a child in 1972.

Kinda like some people around here! LOL

In case anyone was wondering the game in which you are wondering about it available in the US its actually called "Maximum Tune ©" it seems a little sad but that is the whole reason why I got into 240z's actually. If anyone is interested in how the game is its pretty fun, a little addictive though (that is if you dont get the change to drive the way you can in video game often) the game is like initial D, you get to choose a car and your information is stored on a card. My fairlady Z has up to 740 horsepower. all cars max out at 800hp except the 240z (in the game its called "fairlady") and the 350z (in the game its called "blackbird") which max out at 815hp

oh i have a question about my 240z if anyone can help me out, i want to turbo my 240 and judging by the motor that was sold via ebay it can be done with carbs so i was wondering would i have to use a manual boost control or would i have to setup an ECU (i want to keep the carb's) somehow. Sorry im new to this kind of thing.

What motor that was sold on eBay? Can you post a link please?

oh i have a question about my 240z if anyone can help me out, i want to turbo my 240 and judging by the motor that was sold via ebay it can be done with carbs so i was wondering would i have to use a manual boost control or would i have to setup an ECU (i want to keep the carb's) somehow. Sorry im new to this kind of thing.

I don't know of the motor on ebay that you speak of, but I would assume you would have to have a manul boost controller because the ECU is used soley for fuel management and you said you wanted to keep you carbs.

There is alot that goes into turboing a NA engine properly. You can just slap a turbo on there and it will work for a little while (just not the results thaqt you might be looking for) but in doing so, there are so many things that can go wrong. I suggest you search.

So thats what it is. Dam yo the japs make the best stories and characters. So the mechanic is Akio friend? In one scene when they first rebuild the Z and start driving it, shows him teaching Akio overtaking moves for highway racing with model cars. Did anyone else notcie this scene, just thought it was cool and made me wish I was japanese even more....

anyone who has questions about getting the file' date=' get on AIM or MSN and IM me.

AIM: Gollumthesage

MSN [email']Gollumthesage@hotmail.com[/email]

My PC is on nearly 24/7 so feel free to IM me whenever.

I am gonna put the file up on a FTP once Gollumthesage uploads it tonight hopefully I get no errors on the upload then I can share it for you guys to DL.....

Thanks Again Gollumthesage you tha man

There are a whole bunch of wangan midnight movies. I remember going down to the video store once and there were at least five IIRC.

I'm not sure which one was posted for d/l, but the best one IMHO is the first one (I think..) which has the opening scene of the R33 GTR screaming along the freeway. Some of the others are a bit puss, Except of course for the fact they have a Z

What motor that was sold on eBay? Can you post a link please?

DAMN! I just deleted the link from "My Ebay" this morning.

I was purportedly a Jim Wolf Built 3.1 Stroker with an HKS Intercooled Turbocharger setup---very 80's Technology, just like the setup in the Wangan Movie on the Devil Z.

Pssssssh! BrmmmmmmMMMMMMPssssssssh!

I uploaded it and it works, but i don't know the adress location. Hopefully jtmny1999 will post a link soon.

I also have the file on limewire 24/7 for the time being.

Note: This is not one of the real life videos of the wangan 240Z. This is a movie based on the manga.

I uploaded it and it works' date=' but i don't know the adress location. Hopefully jtmny1999 will post a link soon.

I also have the file on limewire 24/7 for the time being.

Note: This is not one of the real life videos of the wangan 240Z. This is a movie based on the manga.[/quote']

Here is the link Enjoy....

http://67.115.69.147/dx/download/jtmny/wanganmidnight.rar

PASSWORD:hybridz

DAMN! I just deleted the link from "My Ebay" this morning.

I was purportedly a Jim Wolf Built 3.1 Stroker with an HKS Intercooled Turbocharger setup---very 80's Technology' date=' just like the setup in the Wangan Movie on the Devil Z.

Pssssssh! BrmmmmmmMMMMMMPssssssssh![/quote']

Oh ok then it's this one: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1,1&item=8019760621&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT

I wish I had bit the bullet and just bought it. :( If nothing else it would have been a good starting point and plenty to work from to build a dual turbo triple Mikuni setup!