HybridZ

Wangan Midnight

DevilZeto

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ahhhhhhhh SSS "Blue Car" it's so nice to see a second generation captivated by the Anime interation of what was live video in the Mid 80's...

That is the Anime Version of the SSS (Speed Shop Sinohara) "Blue Z". 600HP, twin turbo, blowthrough carburetted Mikuinis....

I have the original Video (live, not Anime) somewhere but magnetic degredation makes for a bad viewing. The specs are in a box that comes on the screen during the "Making Of" section of the video, very impressive car, and sounds better on the live version. Blue Flames out the 5" tailpipe from freeflow and slightly rich mixtures on lift throttle, not as a result of Ricer Add-Ons. The video is pretty stirring if you ever have a chance to see it. The Anime is good, but having made the trip to the mainland and seeing the car at Fuji Dragway burns it in my mind!

To answer the question, (spelling may not be right) but the car is Speed Shop Sinohara, or Shinohara.

Speaking of which.......

http://cgi.ebay.com/Datsun-high-performance-Jim-Wolf-3-1-stroker-motor_W0QQitemZ8019760621QQcategoryZ33615QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Ahhhhhhhh SSS "Blue Car" it's so nice to see a second generation captivated by the Anime interation of what was live video in the Mid 80's...

That is the Anime Version of the SSS (Speed Shop Sinohara) "Blue Z". 600HP' date=' twin turbo, blowthrough carburetted Mikuinis....

I have the original Video (live, not Anime) somewhere but magnetic degredation makes for a bad viewing. The specs are in a box that comes on the screen during the "Making Of" section of the video, very impressive car, and sounds better on the live version. Blue Flames out the 5" tailpipe from freeflow and slightly rich mixtures on lift throttle, not as a result of Ricer Add-Ons. The video is pretty stirring if you ever have a chance to see it. The Anime is good, but having made the trip to the mainland and seeing the car at Fuji Dragway burns it in my mind!

To answer the question, (spelling may not be right) but the car is Speed Shop Sinohara, or Shinohara.[/quote']

Come on guys, it's just a cartoon!!!

Unfortunately they have never animated Wangan Midnight. You are seeing the intro to the video game. Manga -> ton of live action movies -> video game

The movies have a lot of very true to life details in them - the car even sounds exactly like a real turbo'd triple carb Z (they might have actually used the car that the engine bay shots were taken from, but I'm not sure.)

It is cool. I just wish my first year japanese speaking skills went a little farther, no subs.

Funny thing is, is that I am the one that posted the video on Zippy lol (view sig). If I recall, there were 7 cars That I know of running this setup in Japan. I think its 6 now because one of the cars had a casting flaw in the block that finally came apparent of engine failure.

Th e cars range from 240z to 280z (first gen cars).The engines are stroked to 3.1L/3.2L and twin turboed, with a R200 out of 300zx. I know of 3 with power steering, one with a miata rack, the other from a WRX, and the other with the 280zx power steering adapted (recirculating ball steering).

BTW they had a Live Action movie of Wangan Midnight, that kinda sucked. Its old and VERY hard to find. The car wasn't a 280z, like in the manga, it was a 280zx (not to be hateing on my fellow ZXers). BTW Wangan Midnight is all based on the manga (at least the series and games).

all the wangan movies i have are S30 Z cars.. 240Z 260Z and 280Z.

all of them pretty much look like the fairlady Z i still might by thats pretty much like a usdm early 260Z but with the thin euro bumpers.

mike

Come on guys, it's just a cartoon!!!

Uh, NO IT'S NOT!

The "cartoon" you deride is an ANIMATION OF A REAL LIFE SEQUENCE shot on the Tokyo Freeway System in the mid 1980's.

Originally the series was "in the flesh" but later went to Anime after the Magan Popularized it in that format.

I have the same sequence on old VHS, and THE CAR IS REAL. I have SEEN IT RUN!