HybridZ

Wangan Midnight

DevilZeto

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have also found several places that deal in Asian DVD/VCD that carry this and the others (below) Compare the price and shipping between them; yesasia does tend to be a little cheaper on most Chinese DVD of about $3 to $5 it seems (but not on equivalent shipping service), but they only have the Shuto Trail box set in VCD. Yesasia only has 1 and 2 on DVD, and 3 is VCD.

The other place, Five Star Laser, has 1 to 4 on DVD, but they are about 5 more when you count the S&H in (Yesasia on anything above basic "super saver" slow shipping charges $1 per item on top of shipping), so it is really up to what you prefer and such.

As you know, not every DVD player plays VCD, and even when they do, some do not do it well. Also remember that a VCD DOES NOT GIVE DVD QUALITY, and could explain why a VCD is MUCH cheaper than a DVD of the same work

Here are the two places that I have found

http://store.fivestarlaser.com/shop/movies/scan/st=db/sp=displaydvd/op=rm/op=em/sf=0/se=7741.html

http://us.yesasia.com/en/PrdDept.aspx/pid-1002492052/code-c/section-videos/

you guys know theres a live action movie, made around 98 i belive of wangan midnight......hard to find, i saw it on japanese tv when i lived over there, but have yet to find it on video or dvd, ive searched alot of japanese book and video stores in both japan and us.. anyone have a copy?

Want me to delete the link?

No, that's what the stuff is there for. I had not publicized that I had that video yet and was wondering why there was so much traffic...now I know. :) And now everyone else knows, if you are still seeking this video you now have another option for download locations.

Yeah, Thanks TexasZ.

Now we just need some people to translate it to english for us :)

I was thinking, if we extracted the audio, cut it up into downloadable chunks, and put it up somewhere, that we might be able to get some Japanese/english speaking people to translate it.

Then we could add subtitles to the video, but I havent found any video editing software that can handle the file yet.

P.S. Anybody seen Corvette Summer?

It's a really bad movie that Mark Hamil made after Starwars, featuring a really ugly corvette.

The Scene where the Devil Z is being hoisted around the Wrecking yard, is similar to a scene in that movie.

I remember seeing it a long time ago on TV, and from what I can remember, Luke, ahh Mark, whaterver his character is called, was in a wreckers looking for a car to fix up, when a corvette badge falls to the ground infront of him.

He looks up and a corvette is being hoisted around the wreckers, he stops them from crushing it, fixes it up ... i dont remember the rest of the movie, just the junk yard scene.

P.S. Anybody seen Corvette Summer?

I have, and do you remember the scene where he almost finds what he thinks is the car, out in Vegas? Guy at a gas pump: "Hey this car's in Vegas!"

Are you sure? It's right hand drive!

"Yeah yeah yeah, Candy Apple Metal Flake---this car's in Vegas!"

So Luke...uh....Mark goes to Vegas where there is a big "Win This Car" display, and he fights his way to the front of the crowd, and he sees a RHD S-30 Z-CAR done up just as hideously as they did that Corvette and incredulously says:

"A DATSUN?!?!?!?!?"

At first, it was just a disapointment when I saw it in the theater. Later, when I bought my first Fairlady Z, I found it amusing as hell! It's still funny to me...