HybridZ

Wangan Midnight

DevilZeto

Oh ok then it's this one: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1,1&item=8019760621&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT

I wish I had bit the bullet and just bought it. :( If nothing else it would have been a good starting point and plenty to work from to build a dual turbo triple Mikuni setup!

What a engine to start out with. Only things needed to make it TT (if not alreaady, I just skimmed through it) is a custom exhaust manifold, turbo, down pipe and intake pipe.

But a bit to pricey for me, cost more than what I paid for both of my z cars.

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First, I believe the live action video is part of a series called "shuto trial" (vol. ?). I came across it on ebay once. It was a HK rip-off DVD. So it is out there, and I believe it had subtitles. It is out there, so I would look for it if you want the DVD with subtitles. HOWEVER I found it for DL by BT:

http://www.mybittorrent.com/bittorrent/movies/shuto_kousoku_trial_1,109074.html

I can't say if it is subtitled or not.

Very interesting video (the trailer); I know that it was said above that it was just an intro for the video game, but I wonder...

I had heard rumors about an anime version of "Wangan Midnight" for some time now. Kind of like the rumors surrounding a certain "4th" stage before it was made (Thank God that ID did not have any Z-cars in it)

If they have or are going to make Wangan Midnight into an anime, I am there, but I hope that some people who already think that the S30 is great to abuse in drift and run into poles and parked cars, don't think that they can go out and run the S30 into a wall street racing and not really knowing what they are doing because of the anime or game. Bad enough they do it to the S13/S14.

the odd thing is that a local arcade near me has the twin unit of the game; very rear to get good stuff like that here. Really, I have to say it is the best simulation driving games, the cars feel as close as a game like this is going to come to feeling like the real cars (now my rank is "The Sunset Mistress" of all things, but that is better than the "The White Master" that I know another player got, sounds a little, um, not good).

The list of parts for the "Devil Z" engine sounds like the "normal" shopping list for a perfect L-series.

VLC is one of the best players ever made! It is welcome compared to installing codec after codec trying to play something like .ogm files. VLC FOREVER!

Guest tamtrong
First' date=' I believe the live action video is part of a series called "shuto trial" (vol. ?). I came across it on ebay once. It was a HK rip-off DVD. So it is out there, and I believe it had subtitles. It is out there, so I would look for it if you want the DVD with subtitles. HOWEVER I found it for DL by BT: [/color']

http://www.mybittorrent.com/bittorrent/movies/shuto_kousoku_trial_1,109074.html

I can't say if it is subtitled or not.

Very interesting video (the trailer); I know that it was said above that it was just an intro for the video game, but I wonder...

I had heard rumors about an anime version of "Wangan Midnight" for some time now. Kind of like the rumors surrounding a certain "4th" stage before it was made (Thank God that ID did not have any Z-cars in it)

If they have or are going to make Wangan Midnight into an anime, I am there, but I hope that some people who already think that the S30 is great to abuse in drift and run into poles and parked cars, don't think that they can go out and run the S30 into a wall street racing and not really knowing what they are doing because of the anime or game. Bad enough they do it to the S13/S14.

the odd thing is that a local arcade near me has the twin unit of the game; very rear to get good stuff like that here. Really, I have to say it is the best simulation driving games, the cars feel as close as a game like this is going to come to feeling like the real cars (now my rank is "The Sunset Mistress" of all things, but that is better than the "The White Master" that I know another player got, sounds a little, um, not good).

The list of parts for the "Devil Z" engine sounds like the "normal" shopping list for a perfect L-series.

VLC is one of the best players ever made! It is welcome compared to installing codec after codec trying to play something like .ogm files. VLC FOREVER!

BTW shuto trial has nuffin to do wif wangan midnight... shuto is abt a guy that tries to get best time trials and so so ... its more abt skyline GTR vs. Supra. ITS GOT THE DORIFTO KING!

Guest Dorifto

wanganmidnight.kicks-***.net

Replace the three * with a, s, s, respectively. So, wanganmidnight.kicks-a s s.net without the spaces.

I finally got my server up and running. Go there, and download the WanganMidnight vid [Live-action movie, circa 1991, VHS rip, un-subbed]. It's in the movies folder.

If anyone wants a video hosted, I can do that too. Hit me up on AIM, or drop me a PM or email.

Enjoy guys.

-Dave-O

the odd thing is that a local arcade near me has the twin unit of the game; very rear to get good stuff like that here. Really' date=' I have to say it is the best simulation driving games, the cars feel as close as a game like this is going to come to feeling like the real cars (now my rank is "The Sunset Mistress" of all things, but that is better than the "The White Master" that I know another player got, sounds a little, um, not good).

[/quote']

I am also an avid player of the Wanga Midnight arcade game. Hehe, my Z earned the title of "Legendary Afro", but now I changed it to "Silver Bra". What's really a trip is that the versino 2/sequel ("Maximum Tune 2") can link up to 4 machines together and you can have 4-way battles with other players! I'd only seen one place that ever had 4 of these machines though, so it's definitely a rarity.

wanganmidnight.kicks-***.net

Replace the three * with a' date=' s, s, respectively. So, wanganmidnight.kicks-a s s.net without the spaces.

I [i']finally[/i] got my server up and running. Go there, and download the WanganMidnight vid [Live-action movie, circa 1991, VHS rip, un-subbed]. It's in the movies folder.

If anyone wants a video hosted, I can do that too. Hit me up on AIM, or drop me a PM or email.

Enjoy guys.

-Dave-O

Site no workie! :(

Just watched all five episodes on Christmas Day over at "my source". His EP VHS is in way better condition than mine.

Man, the "making of" video is very good, too. There was also an accompanying group of films of "S30-vs-XXX" that were out at the same time using the SSS Blue and White car... But Episode 4 or 5, when they are putting the engine in the car, you realize it's an old Sangyo Kiki Analog EFI system using Two Injectors Per Cylinder on 45mm ITBs...

Ahhh, progress in the matter of six hours of a film serial! LOL

Just watched all five episodes on Christmas Day over at "my source". His EP VHS is in way better condition than mine.

Man' date=' the "making of" video is very good, too. There was also an accompanying group of films of "S30-vs-XXX" that were out at the same time using the SSS Blue and White car... But Episode 4 or 5, when they are putting the engine in the car, you realize it's an old Sangyo Kiki Analog EFI system using Two Injectors Per Cylinder on 45mm ITBs...

Ahhh, progress in the matter of six hours of a film serial! LOL[/quote']

Would your buddy be willing to rip them all to digital and share them? The easiest way would be to burn them to CD/DVD then just mail them to me (downloading them all would be ugly).

Would your buddy be willing to rip them all to digital and share them? The easiest way would be to burn them to CD/DVD then just mail them to me (downloading them all would be ugly).

We kinda had that discussion while I was watching them...

To paraphrase his answer: "No"

Yeah, after seeing his copy again, I tried to get it to copy on MY system because HIS dupe that he gave to me had a bad generational degredation. I couldn't even get THAT out of him!

You know those episodes were 15,000 Yen EACH?????? Wow! So 80's Pricing! LOL