HybridZ

My 240z is almost done

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

how did you paint the car? using the high density foam roller method, real paint sprayer, rattle can (sure doesn't look like it... but thought i'd ask :rolleyes:) I ask because I plan on painting my car, probably with the roller method, but I wanted to know what you did? I may be PMing you for some more details on it... and what coilovers are you running?

This car looks freaking clean. I really like what you did with it. I usually don't get excited by a lot of the parts you used... but wow they all go together great on your build. awesome job! have you driven it yet? I'm aching to drive my Z... but I've still probably got 4 or 5 months left.

how did you paint the car? using the high density foam roller method, real paint sprayer, rattle can (sure doesn't look like it... but thought i'd ask :rolleyes:) I ask because I plan on painting my car, probably with the roller method, but I wanted to know what you did? I may be PMing you for some more details on it... and what coilovers are you running?

This car looks freaking clean. I really like what you did with it. I usually don't get excited by a lot of the parts you used... but wow they all go together great on your build. awesome job! have you driven it yet? I'm aching to drive my Z... but I've still probably got 4 or 5 months left.

I was luck enough to be able to borrow a Devil Bliss GTI gun from a friends bother to paint my car. You are more than welcome to PM me with questions; i'll do my best to answer them.

The car is looks good but needs a lil more power under the hood. I am strongly considering building a 350 SBC and swapping it in place of the current L24. The goal would be to have 300hp/300tq at the wheels.

The only thing holding me back is the fact that i love the sound of my current straight 6 and am not sure I’d like the sound of the SBC as much.

I'm currently debating between the high compression L28 motor or a 350 SBC.

The HC L28 would only give me around 170hp at the wheels but would sound awesome; the 350SBC would give me 300hp but would sound like a truck motor.

Edited by logan1

The car is looks good but needs a lil more power under the hood. I am strongly considering building a 350 SBC and swapping it in place of the current L24. The goal would be to have 300hp/300tq at the wheels.

The only thing holding me back is the fact that i love the sound of my current straight 6 and am not sure I’d like the sound of the SBC as much.

I'm currently debating between the high compression L28 motor or a 350 SBC.

The HC L28 would only give me around 170hp at the wheels but would sound awesome; the 350SBC would give me 300hp but would sound like a truck motor.

Why not put an rb20 in? It all bolts in with stock z31 JDM motor mounts....

depends on where you are. If you were here in the southern states I'd vote for a dark tint, but where you are in OK, I'd suggest a light tint. just something to cut the glare. it'll be cheapest if you remove the old tent yourself. soapy water and a razor knife. it's not hard, but get a lifetime warranty pro job.

Wicked nasty stance. Love it!!! Nice job doing all of the work yourself. Gotta respect that.

Since you don't have a build thread I'm going to let the questions fly:

• Front and rear rim size and offset?
  • Front and rear tire size?
  • What, if any, cutting/rolling did you do under the rear flares?
  • How much clearance do you have in the rear at the pictured ride height?

Thanks in advance for your response.

quote name='Litman' timestamp='1322525050' post='968633']

Wicked nasty stance. Love it!!! Nice job doing all of the work yourself. Gotta respect that.

Since you don't have a build thread I'm going to let the questions fly:

• Front and rear rim size and offset?
  • Front and rear tire size?

The rims are Rota RB's; 17x9 (-13 offset) front with 255/45/17 and 17x9.5 (-19 offset) rear with 275/40/17 tires.

• What, if any, cutting/rolling did you do under the rear flares?

I had to do the standard cutting required to have functional ZG flares. I think there is a thread in the "body work" section with a step by step guide showing how to do the cutting.

• How much clearance do you have in the rear at the pictured ride height?

I had 3/4" clearenc at the rear. I have since raised the rear up 1.5" I post some pictures of the car with its current stance soon.

Thanks in advance for your response.

Logan,

Many thanks for the response. I am running the exact same rim/tire combination as you so the real world feedback is helpful. I cut and flared my rear wheel arch in the hopes of avoiding tire rub. Sounds like I should be in the clear if you are not having any issues.

post-4776-073334000 1322849505_thumb.jpg