HybridZ

twin cam L6 3.4L

PMC raceengines

Makes you cringe when you realize there are dyno-hours only IRL V-8 3.5L Infinity Engines out there in crates with Marelli ECU Complete selling for under $20K huh?

What do you call a top-dollar spec racing engine with no hours and $50K worth of parts after the formula changes?

"End Table"!!! :D

I'll leave it up to the moderators to cull anything they want out of this thread and 'clean it up'...including fawning praise with nothing technical to ask or add...

If anybody causes anybody to leave, it's going to be the ersatz grammar police who went damn well personal with their attacks on the guy.

But I'm the bad guy for standing up for no badmouthing other builders based on one build, and 'if it's impossible explain how the example exists'? Either we got more non-engineers here who don't understand 'proof and logic' or I don't know what... just because someone asks questions to clarify a statement based on an empirical standard that is traceable and verifiable mathematically does not mean it's a 'battle royale'!

Just a hint from all us “non scientists and engineers†out here, you don’t have to be as condescending and abrasive as possible just because you don’t agree with an argument. Your attitude in this thread comes across as if it’s not good enough to be correct you must disparage and belittle as well.

You can spin my example any way you want, you can be right, and throw around all the formula's and sanctioned engineering acronyms you’d like. What you really need to work on is tact. If you handled your posts with a little bit more of it, then perhaps you wouldn’t have to worry about “finger wagging†and â€mommy’s admonitionsâ€.

I’m not a newbie with a thin skin looking to stir the pot. I did however want to see the thread continue and not have someone relatively new to the forum driven off of it. Glad to see you and the OP have “worked it out†and the thread can continue. As for your future posts all I can say is that civility goes a long way, look in to it….

You guys lol.

Over the next weeks i will build a stroker 3.35L bottom end 89mm stroke and 89mm bore with a p90 race head and 47mm OER carbs and i will go thro all the steps to show how it goes together, with all the block prep and grinding . And i will go thru all the parts and specs so u can do it over there ,i dont need to sell the 3.35 3.4 its just so you can see what is out there,

please lets get on with the car stuff on this thred please ,we are all big boys and can take a bit of sh t now and then

lets move on ok

thanks pmc

You guys lol.

Over the next weeks i will build a stroker 3.35L bottom end 89mm stroke and 89mm bore with a p90 race head and 47mm OER carbs and i will go thro all the steps to show how it goes together, with all the block prep and grinding . And i will go thru all the parts and specs so u can do it over there ,i dont need to sell the 3.35 3.4 its just so you can see what is out there,

please lets get on with the car stuff on this thred please ,we are all big boys and can take a bit of sh t now and then

lets move on ok

thanks pmc

Thanks, PMC! Looking forward to seeing your stroker build step by step. HYBRIDZ.ORG is by far the BEST FORUM out there! The vast knowledge of the L series engines here just simply amazes me! Thanks!

It was a mad car back when it was racing , it was the best GTR in the world at the time .. and the most expencive,lol .Gibson motorsport had the best of everything at that time, that car cost 1.3m to build ,from the chat around the lunch table the RB26 cost 120k per engine ,

O/T, but.....

I can assure you that Nissan's works Gr.A BNR32s cost a lot more than the Gibson cars. After all, Nissan and NISMO had designed, engineered, produced and homologated the BNR32 in the first place, and homologated most of the Gr.A parts. Gibson Motorsport didn't exactly start from scratch with the cars, did they?

The Gibson cars were fast and beautifully prepared, but comparing them to NISMO's cars is missing the point. They were competing in very different arenas, and in very different types of Gr.A races. NISMO totally dominated the series they were racing in.

Jesus Christ, this is becoming one of the most ridiculous threads I've ever partaken in. Lets all put our egos behind us and move on eh?

To the original poster, what did you do about head bolts for the motor with the RB26 head? Did you make spacers for the head and use 10mm bolts or tap the block for the larger RB ones?

The water pump was the more of a chalange , well not the pump the water in to the block as the Lsearies pump wont work as there is no frunt cover ,so i have removed the welsh plugs from left hand side of the motor ,and made a cooling chanel that feeds the hole side of the block ,and used a electric water pump to feed it .i will take some pics of it to day.

I would love to see some pics of the setup too!

How did you get to the 89mm stroke?

I drew out a stroker for a customer last year that used subaru rods and was an 89mm bore with an 85mm stroke (offset ground diesel crank) that never actually got built. I'm all ears when it comes to engineering a new engine from an existing platform B)

Edited by cockerstar

I would love to see some pics of the setup too!

How did you get to the 89mm stroke?

I drew out a stroker for a customer last year that used subaru rods and was an 89mm bore with an 85mm stroke (offset ground diesel crank) that never actually got built. I'm all ears when it comes to engineering a new engine from an existing platform B)

OK i start with a 85mm RB30 crank and i have it offset ground and i use a honda H beam rod thats 137mm long .Then i have the front of the crank welded up , and then grind it the same as a L engine . theres lots more to it but thats what i do .

I then make a new flywheel thats in the kit when i sell them ,as the RB is shorter than a L series

and i will get more pics up soon ok

Edited by PMC raceengines

Pete, good to see you RB/L6 hybrid posted on here. I would love one of your kits :) but with my recent purchase that will have to wait.

I would love to see if the setup could be chain driven however that has a number of issue in is self, or how about gear driven now that would very different.

I know us downunder are lucky to have RB30's and I see those kits for those not so lucky that have a plate and new liners to get the extra block height has anyone done that/thought of doing the same to the L6 blocks?

I have said this before (can't remember which forum now) but kiwi cylinder heads here in Auckland cast a number of heads including the Nissan 4 cylinder crossflow head (z20/z22/z24 not the best head but) it makes me think if it could be possible to make a L6 crossflow head.

Pete, good to see you RB/L6 hybrid posted on here. I would love one of your kits :) but with my recent purchase that will have to wait.

I would love to see if the setup could be chain driven however that has a number of issue in is self, or how about gear driven now that would very different.

I know us downunder are lucky to have RB30's and I see those kits for those not so lucky that have a plate and new liners to get the extra block height has anyone done that/thought of doing the same to the L6 blocks?

I have said this before (can't remember which forum now) but kiwi cylinder heads here in Auckland cast a number of heads including the Nissan 4 cylinder crossflow head (z20/z22/z24 not the best head but) it makes me think if it could be possible to make a L6 crossflow head.

Hi mate

the block idear is good but so expencive i did one for a FJ20 we made it 2.6 but,the cost was mad and we did not see the resolts we wonted , and the 3.35 we have works so well as it is. and we are trying to keep it cheep as we can

I'm building this kind of setup too. Trying to get it run for next summer.

I have rb25det-head that I'm fitting with my L-block. I'm going to use chain drive, stock water and oil pump too.

Pics and videos are coming when it is ready and running.

C/R is gonna be low as 7.8:1 but boost will compensate it. :D

I'm building this kind of setup too. Trying to get it run for next summer.

I have rb25det-head that I'm fitting with my L-block. I'm going to use chain drive, stock water and oil pump too.

Pics and videos are coming when it is ready and running.

C/R is gonna be low as 7.8:1 but boost will compensate it. :D

Hi mate

I have seen a man in japan do it with a single cam rb20 head , but he made a new timing chane cover and made the oil reterns line up in the rear of the head .

but my version is a race setup and i wonted a dry sump so i went a diffrent path, as i had made the frunt cover redundent i hade to make the sump shorter , and i wonted even water temps along the hole motor so i started from scrach ... So your idear sounds a lot more practical ,and hope it all works out

the chamber is so large on the TC RB its hard to get the comp up for a NA ,thats the reasion i had to go so big with the stroker kit , and the piston still needs a 18cc bump to get the comp where i need it ,

A few KA heads got fitted to a L31. http://forums.hybridz.org/index.php/topic/54764-my-official-l31dett-rhd-thread/