HybridZ

twin cam L6 3.4L

PMC raceengines

How far did you space your injectors from the air horns? I'm doing the same thing but when I eyeball the spacing to look similar to yours I can help but think that a bit of the atomized fuel may not make its way into the air horn. Then again... there is quite a suction at fuel throttle so maybe not. ;)

Hi josh817

well its not much of problem as there is a low set of injectors as well , they do up to 4000rpm and then the top set come in. And there is very little stand off, it gets better as it gets higher in rpm , also we have them so we can move them in or out .

Edited by PMC raceengines

• 2 weeks later...

My point is that he hasn't had to deal with the transition from one to two injectors on 2500hp worth of fuel system.

600hp, maybe, but not 2500hp.

Good thing we're not going with e85 or the transition would even harder to optimize.

Peter (PMC) has been SO helpful and gracious with his advice to me on my L28 Chump racer project. I have been working on cars all my adult life, and love engines but am far from a race engine builder. Peter has never talked down to me, and has offered nothing but brilliant advice. My COMPLETELY stock L28, with attention to detail, and advice from Peter just ran with a pack of E30 Pro3 Bimmers at our local road course on worn out Yoyo 888 tires. Once I got the tune dialed in, the engine is nothing short of BRILLIANT! I owe most of it to Peter at PMC's advice. I will never second guess anything he says on this, or any other forum.

Well you dont know me very well HowlerMonkey i have built a 2000hp 3.4L 6 with 18 injectors that run 6.70 210mph

with a motec , now days we run 2 2000cc injectors in this setup

What percentage of the drive time on that car is on a single injector where you have to deal with transition to multiple injectors?

Race cars are one thing but getting a smooth transition on a street car that has enough fueling for 2500hp brings up issues that pure drag cars never have to contend with.

We use John Meany who designed F.A.S.T., accell dfi, and big stuff.

(Yawn) Lets angulate the penis and see how high on the fencepost we can go gentlemen...

Blah Blah Blah...rolleyes.gif

Take advice someone once gave me:

"It's not all that difficult, you can figure it out if you're smart enough!"

I think both PMC and HowlerMonkey need to post pics and details of their respective 2000hp+ builds, as whilst I don't doubt they can both back up those claims, without proof (which I'm curious to see regardless), this thread could as well be two 12yo's arguing.

Dave

Like i said the motec is very good it has a blending program for injectors all you do is tell it what AFR you want and tell it the injector size and your away, you dont have to be smart lol it works it out, but if your trying to drive 2500hp on the street it wont be a nice smoth drive as soon as the throtal is down the wheels spin and you can not feel what is going on , if you have the man that built the system helping you , you will work it out

I have yet to see ANY import inline 6 under say, 4.0l or so go above 2000hp, custom built or not. I would love to see a dyno chart or something on these miracle engines. Hell, show me a dyno chart for ANY automotive inline 6 over 2000hp.

• 4 months later...

Like i said the motec is very good it has a blending program for injectors all you do is tell it what AFR you want and tell it the injector size and your away, you dont have to be smart lol it works it out, but if your trying to drive 2500hp on the street it wont be a nice smoth drive as soon as the throtal is down the wheels spin and you can not feel what is going on , if you have the man that built the system helping you , you will work it out

It's a very smooth drive on the street but I am working with 5.9 liters which might change things vs 3.4L.

It's possible that large displacement engines might not act the same as a smaller displacement concerning transition from one to two injector operation because it took a ton of tuning to smooth it out on our car.

We control wheelspin using an AMS1000 controller and a custom "boost by gear" system because it seems to work better than ecu based traction control.

I guess it's also possible that big stuff is behind Motec in technology.

Edited by HowlerMonkey

• 2 months later...