HybridZ

What did you do to your Z today?

Racer Z

When it comes to you Tony, not sure if that last statement is a joke or serious. What amp are you running your klipsch's off of? I have a pair of cornerhorns that I would love to run on a vintage stereo amp. My dad has an early Yamaha natural sound that I am going to give a try this weekend. Right now my newer onkyo does okay, but I don't feel it's doing my horns justice.

Unpacked my 2 car garage and organized in a way that I could have a large single space with tools on one side and chemicals/abrasives/cutters on the other side. There is room for my Katana 750 in there as well, but I can now pull in my 260ZR project and start installing new parts and repairing the collision damage that happened 10 months ago.

2012-12-31170647.jpg

Edited by rayaapp2

So about a year ago I bought a 280zx distributor from Oreilley's and had lifetime warranty. 3 months ago I purchased a dizzy from the junkyard but it needed a rebuilt so today I cleaned it up a bit and went to oreillys I turned it in using my other dizzy warranty I got from there, Got my self a brand spanking new dizzy with ignition module...

What I did... Hmmm... OK, I reinstalled the accessories on the 383 stroker, installed the oilpan, The flywheel/clutch/pressure plate/bellhousing, the motor in the Zcar, then removed the trans to troubleshoot the hydraulics, replace the trans, bellhousing, clutch, pressure plate, reinstalled the mounts/driveshaft, and then welded up the headerflanges.

Mike 

• 2 weeks later...

Z car is at the welder's shop for about a week.  Went to a gun show with a friend, worked in yard, took my family to dinner.  It was weird.  Maybe I'll try to get some parts ready to ebay tomorrow...maybe I'll take a nap.  Maybe I'll ask one of the neighbors what my wifes' name is.  Gotta take a little time to get to know her before the car gets back.  I feel kind of sick, like my appendix has been removed or something...

Big thrash today getting the Z into code for my first HPDE this weekend (supposed to be pouring rain...in Arizona!).

Anyways.

Did alignment and safety check after the new Coilovers and brakes installed.

post-1894-0-88732500-1359090426_thumb.jpg

Fixed placement of the Ball-Strap and ordered new compliant Shoulder straps.

post-1894-0-04882500-1359090420_thumb.jpg

Hacked out the 1973 vintage windshield and installed new. Car was a nice green a LONG time ago.

post-1894-0-66087500-1359090434_thumb.jpg

post-1894-0-80060400-1359090441_thumb.jpg

Actually shocked I got this in.  I've done the side windows and hatch but my virgin front windshield.

post-1894-0-77935900-1359090448_thumb.jpg

I'm beat.  One beer and I about passed out.