HybridZ

Not a Z but want opinions

That thing is awesome. I really want one. All blacked out like that it looks like a cross between and e30 M3 and a Grand national.

How much power are you making with that, I bet that's a fun ride.

That thing is awesome. I really want one. All blacked out like that it looks like a cross between and e30 M3 and a Grand national.

How much power are you making with that, I bet that's a fun ride.

Yeah that's what I was thinking too it has a little GN look to it.

Yea, a new intercooler setup is on my to-do list. I don't have the same space available for the intercooler as a stock s130, any ideas on possible placement/routing? I'm starting to think behind my air dam with some air flow improvements might be an option. Thoughts?

I'm only running 4~5lbs on the factory turbo and I'd say I'm in the 280-300 range. I don't want to push it too hard, tranny has one foot in the grave. The rear spoiler is off of a 80's prelude also, looks better on a car worth importing. :P

Not trying to knock you or anything, just curious, what makes you think you're making that much power? Only times I've seen someone reach close to 300hp at that low boost is with extensive head work. Generally on closer to OEM or mild heads it'll take a good 13-15psi to get to 300hp. For example, most stock L28ET's at the 280ZX factory 7psi will put around 170-185 to the wheels...

I DO dig the car though. Car is definitely the 80's done RIGHT. Boo-ya! Any idea what that thing actually weighs in at?

Edited by Gollum

Agree with Gollum, you're about 100hp high unless you got Ron Isky's magic cam, ports flowing 230cfm, and a GT35R Turbo. You will be lucky spinning 200@8psi on the setup you stated.

What the car needs is a Japan-Spec Sunny GTi-R intercooler scoop for the top mounted I/C... Totally period correct!

That Maxi is sexy would love to see some wide Meshi's on it, everytime I see one on CL even stock it's gone just as fast as seeing it.

Do you know what size exhaust is under there?

Im running 2-1/4"

Sweet-how about posting a shot of the rear end

1 tuff z, are you wanting a picture of the rear diff?

Not trying to knock you or anything, just curious, what makes you think you're making that much power? Only times I've seen someone reach close to 300hp at that low boost is with extensive head work. Generally on closer to OEM or mild heads it'll take a good 13-15psi to get to 300hp. For example, most stock L28ET's at the 280ZX factory 7psi will put around 170-185 to the wheels...

I DO dig the car though. Car is definitely the 80's done RIGHT. Boo-ya! Any idea what that thing actually weighs in at?

Agree with Gollum, you're about 100hp high unless you got Ron Isky's magic cam, ports flowing 230cfm, and a GT35R Turbo. You will be lucky spinning 200@8psi on the setup you stated.

What the car needs is a Japan-Spec Sunny GTi-R intercooler scoop for the top mounted I/C... Totally period correct!

The only reason I quoted that range is because the PO told me that there was head work and newer internals. I didn't think to ask too much on the details but that was the range that I was told.

Yea, a new intercooler setup is on my to-do list. I don't have the same space available for the intercooler as a stock s130, any ideas on possible placement/routing? I'm starting to think behind my air dam with some air flow improvements might be an option. Thoughts?

I would think about an air-to-water intercooler. I'd put the water intercooler where you have yours right now but insulate it to prevent adding extra heat from the engine bay to the system. You can mount the radiator in front of your stock rad and the hose is easy to route.