HybridZ

Been Followed

Miles

I saw someone writing down my license plate number.

I live in California.

How hard is it California to get your personal address if someone has your license number? I know that filling out a Calif. DMV form will release your name only, but how hard is it to also get your address?

Edited by Miles

I read your post when you had the whole story. At the very least you should call the cops. That way if anyone is trying to track you down you have already started a paper trail with them and it's documented. Unless you REALLY don't want the cops involved, know what I mean?

I went ahead and filed a police incident report since the guys behavior was purposful and on-going.

I'll be listening for the Jaws theme when I take the Z out for a drive from now on.

My last visit to sac yielded an older woman driving west bound on US50 near downtown with a full on tin foil hat that was kinda similar to the one Magneto wears in X-men in a early 90's Tercel wagon. That was a hoot!

There are definitely some weirdos around there. My driving becomes ultra defensive when im in the greater Sacramento area esp when Im in a smaller car. Im the arse-hole also on occasion to drive my F250 4x4 through there and push everyone else around... let them hit me... hell Ill give em a push!

Sorry to hear about that. Next time return the favor and turn their info into the CHP NOT local Police. Ive dealt with Rancho Cordova Police. They are not fast to respond to anything. I had a guy on the curb after I chased him on foot while he was driving off with my rental trailer down Folsom Blvd. I held him there and waited for the cops to show for over an hour! The local CHP however WILL respond in minutes esp if the assailant is still on the road next to you... Also first hand experience with another A-hole on US50. Its nice to live in the Monterey area again. I do not miss Sac driving or neighborhoods.

Ray

Edited by rayaapp2

Ray has a good point, on any roadway in the state, it's CHP Jurisdiction. And they DO respond.

My bud got into it on the 91 FWY and the CHP actually directed him where to go---the idiot following him right into a parking lot with six CHP cruisers in it and another pulling in from across the street blocking the exit.

CHP comes up after a while, tells my friend "This guy is lit up, we have your statement you can go. He's not leaving here in that vehicle..."

But for the record, nothing wrong or illegal with what he was doing. You can do the same.

It all comes down to who has the police report filed first.

Odd that he was taking down your license plate number, but while you are out and about driving it's pretty much public knowledge. What exactly are you worried will happen? He could follow you home easier than doing research on your number...

I just got back from filling a CHP report.

Since the guy didn't try to hide his behvior I can only conclude that he was (1) nuts and (2) intensionally trying to intimidate me into an altercation.

So my concern is that a nut who is willing to openly stalk me now has my license plate number.

Edited by Miles