HybridZ

Off rotisserie, on 15x14s

Way to go Jon. I know its been a long road for you so glad to see a major milestone complete. When is the target to move under its own power?

Cameron

PS - the front swaybar end links look to be at a somewhat severe side angle. That in and of itself should not be a problem but if that angle changes drastically through suspension travel the effective motion ratio of the swaybar changes as well causing varying rates and potentially unpredictable handling. Looks like you could just shim the upper connection to the swaybar out to fix.

<-------- someone recently read Tune to Win :)

Thanks for all the compliments. Love that video...

PS - the front swaybar end links look to be at a somewhat severe side angle. That in and of itself should not be a problem but if that angle changes drastically through suspension travel the effective motion ratio of the swaybar changes as well causing varying rates and potentially unpredictable handling. Looks like you could just shim the upper connection to the swaybar out to fix.

<-------- someone recently read Tune to Win :)

Wow, thanks for that. I was tweaking the ends in to try and make room for the droop limiters which ended up not working. I'll definitely pull the bar off and change that, it's just a few minutes work.

It's not on jackstands, John. ;) 

Realistically I think its going to be on stands for a RELATIVELY short time. All I need to do is get the drivetrain mounts done and measure up and order a driveshaft. After that I can put it back down and work on engine wiring and top side stuff. There's still a lot to do, but it's getting there. Target is autoxing this season. That means October at the latest. I just walked away from this thing for a couple years, so if I can keep myself interested and keep making progress like I have been, I see no reason why it can't get done. I've done a lot in the past couple months, the toughest thing being the ps crossmember mod. That was really the reason that I stopped working on it. I couldn't see a good way to get it done and got frustrated. Still have some money to save and then spend on parts, so hoping I can get it done by October if not sooner.

Now I know why you guys are all hot to get power steering! I found a good way to stay motivated on my z-car: pay somebody to work on your tow vehicle/daily driver. I don't think my truck is ever coming home from an transmission cooler leak. So, I slapped the wheels on the z and am straight piping it to work tomorrow. Wife is taking rebekah back to auburn tomorrow, so I'm stranded without the z.