HybridZ

Carpet Kits Good? Bad?

AZGhost623

Has anyone tried out the zcarsource complete carpet/vinyl replacement kit? I know its a bit on the pricey side, but comes with everything including re-upholstery for the seats (Im looking at Product #: 28415320 specifically) I see a lot of people have gone with the MSA carpet kit which is considerably less. How do you guys like it? Any other place I should be looking for a replacement carpet kit or to stay away from? Looking to purchase something before end of month.

I did do a search, specifically for the "zcarsource carpet kit". Nothing popped up. I also rolled through the post pictures of your interiors too, which no one mentioned about the zcarsource carpet kit either. Since Im interested in this carpet kit and no searches popped up, I figured it was OK to post a question.

I recently ordered a carpet kit for a 240z from Rock Auto. It was the cheapest I could find and it was made by ACC carpet.

The kit was 100.00$ more ordering direct from ACC. So I guess Rock Auto bought a bunch! Only complaint was there was no slits for the luggage straps, which most kits don't have anyway.

I recently ordered a carpet kit for a 240z from Rock Auto. It was the cheapest I could find and it was made by ACC carpet.

The kit was 100.00$ more ordering direct from ACC. So I guess Rock Auto bought a bunch! Only complaint was there was no slits for the luggage straps, which most kits don't have anyway.

Do you have any pics? I'm going to eventually have to tackle this and I'd love to see pics of the different options. 

I called Chester and Herods which I found in a different interior search. After talking to him, I found out he makes the carpet kit for ZCarSource, and MSA as well as a few others he mentioned that I had not heard of before. His prices seemed reasonable and had very affordable shipping considering all the weight it would be. However, I really like the look/fit of the carpet from Datsun Spirit. A few people seem to have had good luck with it as well. I am thinking about going down that road...

• 5 weeks later...

I bought from Chester and Herods.  Many of the kits are cut pile whereas the Chester and Herods kit looked identical to the loop nylon pile that was OEM to the 240Z.  I was told (don't know if this is true) that Chester and Herods did the carpets for the Nissan Factory re-creation 240Zs.  Price was reasonable and I bought directly from Chester and Herods.  I don't think they have a web site.  Really 'old school'.  (760) 738-4296 or (760) 738-1931.  I think the second number is for their carpet shop and the first is for interior pieces. 

Chester and Herods didnt have all the pieces, especially if your looking for the vinyl pieces in the rear shock tower, but he said he would make a deal if I sent the old ones to him so he could get the pattern. I tried to contact datsunspirit a few times, but I am not sure they are in business anymore, no response to voicemails or emails. Im going to go without carpet for a bit... since a few things have come up with this thing called life and all....

I didn't see you also wanted the vinyl replacement as well.  If you want the most correct vinyl kit, then I would purchase them from Classic Datsun

http://classicdatsun.com/new/240_interior.html

It's $245 plus shipping.  Not sure if they would be willing to combine their carpet kit (also $245) and the vinyl kit for a combo deal. 

• 1 month later...

Im curious what Those of you that went with the MSA carpet kits did with the two cab peices. Did you guys sew them together? When I originally purchased the kit I thought it was 1 molded peice but it appears to be in two sections. I don't know that I'm happy about having a line down the middle of the carpet reaching from one door panel to the other. I am not running a center console and worried it will look bad.

• 4 weeks later...