HybridZ

List your Z's specs...

I am always curious as to what some of you guys are running in your z's. I though this

would be a fun thread to see what set ups

other Hybrid's are running.Heres mine:

355 SBC

AFR 195'S

10 TO 1'S

AIR GAP INTAKE

750 HOLLEY VAC SEC

286/490 COMP MAGNUM

1.52 PRO MAGNUM ROLLER ROCKERS

PROFORM HEI/TAYLOR WIRES

1 5/8 BLOCK HUGGERS

2.5 DUAL SPINTECHS

TPI TH700R4/2000 STALL

R200 3.54 OPEN

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heh. Well, right now it's in the garage with no motor at all..

350 high nickel content at the machine shop, I think it's never even been bored. Freshly rebuilt, should pick it up in a couple of days. Feulie double-hump heads, forged pistons, fully balanced internally & balanced 153 tooth flywheel. Schneider cam with a little lump, 6700 RPM valve springs, and 1.6 ratio aluminum roller rockers. T5 transmission (I know I'm pushing the limits with this :P). Probably an Edelbrock Performer RPM Air-Gap and 650 Holley carb, mechanical secondaries (4150), though I haven't quite worked that all out yet. Maybe 700 carb though mathematically 650 will be fine. Flowtech coated block huggers. Probably just a standard HEI system. Exhaust will dump into 2.5 inch downpipes that will join after the tranny and exit via 3" to, I don't know, maybe a Spintech muffler. I haven't quite worked this out yet either.

3.9 R200 open diff, Tokico Illuminas, sectiooned struts with Ground control coilovers. really weak springs right now. (150/175 F/R). Soon to add MSA swaybar upgrade. Polyurethane bushings everywhere.

'73 240z, black

-stock l24

-3" exhaust

-dual webber down drafts

components being installed right now (literally)

-ground control coilovers

-tokiko illuminas

-scca's 4 piston toyota front kit

-msa swaybars

-p-s-t polygraphite bushings

-r200 open diff, 3.54 ratio

-aluminum crossflow radiator

This is as it is now.

260 2+2, 350 chev with a steel case supra 5 speed. lowerd all round with after market shock and anti roll bars. 16*7 rims. 225/50/16 tyres.

fuelie spec heads with 2.02 int and 1.6 exhuast valves. 10.1 comp 350hp cam, 650 vac.sec holley. r200 with 3.5 diff.

Thats as bought, changes will come. Looking at biger brakes, 750 double pumper and i would really like to figure out how to get 180 degree headers in there icon_biggrin.gif

Douglas

Awe, you just want to brag!

Chevy 350 with Stealth intake, Holley 750, Comp Cams roller rockers, Summit performance cam and lifters, roller timing chain, upgraded Accel HEI, big wires, blockhuggers, etc., JTR kit, Aluminum radiator w/Taurus fan, etc, etc, all waiting to go into the right 240Z (goodbye 260Z..snif). No braggin' quite yet...except after the turbo upgrade...

As for the tranny--WC T5 which will be upgraded with a Gearzone balance shaft and Pro 5.0 (or like) shifter, R200 open diff, and urethane bushings. Geez, I have almost all of it except for the right car! icon_mad.gif

For protection, I have an SW 8 point rollbar/cage.

Davy

[ October 08, 2001: Message edited by: DavyZ ]

[ October 08, 2001: Message edited by: DavyZ ]

old scarab conversion i bought 3 years ago. In the process of rebuilding. here goes my list. 350 crate engine rated @300 hp notZZ version but whats called a CC.Holly 750 (3310)vac secondaries.weiand stealth intake.msd hei dist and wires.in the process of conversion to JTR specs. T56 aftermarket trans w/2.97 first gear.Mccloud clucth and throwout bearing, wilwood M/C.Lakewwod scatersheild. R200 diff w/Quaife LSD 3.70 gears.tokico illum with cut struts. DP products coil over system with 225 front, 250 rear coils. DP products 4 wheel disc brake conversion with wilwood 4 pistons in front and 2 in rear. Brembo 12.3"x 1.25" front disc and 12.5"x.5" solid rear.17x7 centerline coronas w/michilin 235/45 front, 245/40 rears.Full rebuild of suspenion w urethane and delron bushings. Suspension techniques anti-sway bars 1.125" front .75" rear.Inside I have 2 recaro srd seats.new carpet.fulldash cover w/full Autometer ultra-lites.6 point rollbar and subframe connecters. large 14.5"sparco rally steering wheel.all in a 73 240 silver z.All thats left is a good paint job.

old scarab conversion i bought 3 years ago. In the process of rebuilding. here goes my list. 350 crate engine rated @300 hp notZZ version but whats called a CC.Holly 750 (3310)vac secondaries.weiand stealth intake.msd hei dist and wires.in the process of conversion to JTR specs. T56 aftermarket trans w/2.97 first gear.Mccloud clucth and throwout bearing, wilwood M/C.Lakewwod scatersheild. R200 diff w/Quaife LSD 3.70 gears.tokico illum with cut struts. DP products coil over system with 225 front, 250 rear coils. DP products 4 wheel disc brake conversion with wilwood 4 pistons in front and 2 in rear. Brembo 12.3"x 1.25" front disc and 12.5"x.5" solid rear.17x7 centerline coronas w/michilin 235/45 front, 245/40 rears.Full rebuild of suspenion w urethane and delron bushings. Suspension techniques anti-sway bars 1.125" front .75" rear.Inside I have 2 recaro srd seats.new carpet.fulldash cover w/full Autometer ultra-lites.6 point rollbar and subframe connecters. large 14.5"sparco rally steering wheel.all in a 73 240 silver z.All thats left is a good paint job.

Guest Anonymous

thought id add my specs i havent posted in awhile.

73' 240z with 82' L28ET

88mm 8.2 compression high heat coated JE pistons

9mm L24 rods

LD28 crank

f54 block, p90 head stock valves with high heat coating on exhaust valves.

stock exhaust manifold with t04 turbo

stock intake manfold with all those nasty vaccumm lines welded and grinded.

Looking for 400bhp,

controlling with SDS.

Guest Anonymous

My specs are:

1972 Datsun 240z, burnt/oxidized orange.

'95 Miata seats, autometer gauges, MSA A/C

350 Goodwrench V8 (250hp stock)

Weiand stealth with Holley 600 vacuum sec

1995 Camaro T-56 six speed transmission

MSA sways front and back, with suspension tech. springs.

New urethane bushings in front.

7" weld draglites front and rear, 205/55/15 Goodyear Eagles.

Future plans: 6 pt Roll bar with harnesses, Fuel Injection and a Turbo. R200 or possibly a live axle 9" ford. Painless wiring harness.

Regards,

Lone

Hi yall!!!!

260z 1974

engine RB-26DETT, trust gtr FMIC, SDS engine management, skyline GTS-t 5 speed tranny, r-200 LSD, coilovers, koni struts. chromoly tubular control arms, kakimoto 90MM exhaust. couple of the normal gages.

wheels are Watanabes ...front 15x8, rear 15x10 with BFG drag radials.

future. getting ready to rip out the rear suspension and tub and rollbar the car. 4 link with ford nine inch or maybe a 12 bolt just depends on what i find the best deal on when i m ready ;>

current best time with the surrent setup 11.138 @ 121mph. with lots of tire spin and the motor still setup in bone stock trim ;> icon_wink.gificon_wink.gificon_wink.gif

Guest super280z

good idea for a post!

here goes, 79 280zx, dupont red. black interior. completely gutted awating full measurement (cross your fingers for 2400) / weight dist, 1994 LT-1, 1-5/8" headers, FRC's, 200-4r trans w/ trans-go SK, 3.54 r-200, 2.5" duals to 3" dynomax ultra flow round, CAI, Griffin aluminum radiator, 16" electric fan, and waiting on a bunch of goodies. 75% complete. about all i can think of..

Ford 289 with 10:1 pistons.

Victor Jr intake with the aluminum J302 heads using Chevy valves & a 780 Holley.

1.75 equal length tube headers.

Solid roller road camshaft, and 8k valve train.

Griffith aluminum radiator with underdrive crank pulley.

McLeod aluminum flywheel and hydraulic T/O bearing.

T-5 to an R200 (Gleason-Torsen) with ZX turbo 1/2 shafts (soon to be Porsche 930 CV jointed).

Rear mounting plate for diff, sway bar, & suspension pickup points.

Custom rear toe adjuster.

Camber plates, HD swaybars, roll center spacers.

Tokico race inserts in 230 F/265 R lb/in 10" springs

315/35ZR17 tires on 11" wheels.

Supra front and Maxima front (on the rear) brakes.

Ford power assist rack, 8 pt cage.

driveshaft driven alternator.

And a little ol' fiberglass body atop a custom fiberglass interior.

73 240Z

358 C.I. SB

TRW 11:1 Forged pistons,Cheverolet"pink" rods

Comp Cams 292H hudralic cam

Weiand Team G Intake manifold, Holley 750 carb.

L-98 corvette heads, ported and gasket matched.

The trans. is a T-5 5 speed

Front brakes are 4- runner calipers with 300zx rotors.

Rear brakes are 83 280zx disc.

Rear end is an r-200 with cv joint half shafts.

Every bushing has been changed to urethane.

Exhaust is from flowtech block hugger headers through 2-1/2 pipe into two flowtech mufflers.

My immediate future plans are to move to the interior now that it is running, and then decide what I want to do to the exterior.

Later,

Mike D.

well mines pretty boring, but i like to just add a reply anyway

just about bone stock 76 260z,

L26, oversized pistons, larger valves,

currently have some crappy flatops on, but need to rebuild my SU's,

next on the to do list, is paint (grey, might put some lines down, but havn't decided if to ricey or not), once that is done... suspension koni adjustables, with coil overs, then brakes, vented disk with 4 pot calipers at front, 280zx rear disk brakes,

also waiting a few years to put the 350 chev in there, or maybe a Rb26dett havn't decided yet... i am going to get all the suspension and brakes and rear end done before i am going to do the conversion

Click on my link to the home page to see what mine used to be. Click here: http://photos.yahoo.com/dat74z to see what I'm up to now:

Motor: SBC 383 Stroker

Heads: Dart Conquest 205/160 valves

Valvetrain: Roller Hydraulic with 1.5 Roller Rockers.

Oil Delivery: Canton Pre-luber Accusump, Canton Billet filter relocated to front of radiator, 8-an lines, Canton roadrace pan to be ordered, Mellins Hi vol. pump.

Induction: Cutler FI Intake & 1000CFM TB, 42# Injectors, still looking for computer and controller, but will be laptop programable.

Fuel Delivery: Bosch FI Pump, JAZ/ Summit Fuel safe-22gallon unit, 8-an line and 1/2 aluminum line up and back, Canton Fuel filter, Cutler Rails and regulator.

Trans: T56 with Centerforce DF Setup with Centerforce 153 tooth Flywheel.

Rest of Drivetrain: CV Axles connected to R200 LSD model with 3.7 gears, custom drive shaft and safety loop.

Cooling: Griffith Radiator, Edelbrock aluminum waterpump, RobertShaw Hipo thermostat

Suspension: Ground Control Coil Overs, Eibach Springs, Suspension Techniques Sway Bar up front, Energy Suspension bushings, ZF Racing Control Arms and TC Rods

Brakes: 12.2 inch X 1.25 thick veined and vented rotors on custom aluminum hats up front with Outlaw 4000series calipers. Rear use 1985 300ZXT 5 lug rotos and wilwood Dynalite 2 piston calipers, no e-brake, but brake lock switch and proportioning valves are in place.

Wheels/ Tires: 5 lug conversion to use Cobra R style 17X9.5 wheels with 255-40 and 275-40 Bridgestone RE730 tires.

Safety: 21 point cage including a trunk built around the rear hatch to protect cockpit from fuel delivery system. Phoenix Fire system to be ordered, TRW CAMLOCK 5 point harness to be used, Corbeau A4 seats with mandatory Seatback brackets to be used during races, nomex fire suit, and approved Simpson Bandit helmet, along with gloves and boots to be purchased.

Body: G-NOSE, 2 inch flares up front, 2.5 inch flares in the back, sheet metal wing to be purchased for the rear, raingutters cut flush, fuel door and vents smoothed.

Gauges: Autometer Phantom series all around.

Did I mention I plan to have a FULL INTERIOR, CD CHANGER AND HEAD UNIT, and AC when the car is finished???

Mike Kelly

ZF Racing LLC icon_cool.gif

[ October 09, 2001: Message edited by: Mikelly ]

Click on the link below for more details.

Drivetrain:

87 Buick V-6 Turbo, .020 Fed Mogul Hyper pistons, ARP rod bolts and head studs, Upgraded turbo (23psi boost on race gas), Stock TH200R4 trans with transbrake, Pro-Ratchet shifter

Exhaust:

3" mandrel SS DP and exhaust with single straight-thru muffler

Suspension/Brakes:

Front - hi-po springs, Tokico Illuminas, 82-3 calipers/84 vented rotors

Rear - Currently upgrading to C-4 Corvette IRS, 3.07 LSD, 11.5" brakes, coilovers

Wheels/Tires:

Front - Wheels TBD, 225/55-15 Michelin Pilots

Rear - Wheels (16") TBD, 255/50-16 BFG DRs

Performance to Date:

From datalogger - 0-60 2.83, 0-100 7.11, 1/4-mile - 11.10 @ 121.50, Looking for 10s, Top Speed - I DONT WANNA KNOW!! icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

My turn to bite...

Vehicle:

1974.0 260Z

Motor:

358 Small Chevy (350 0.040" over)

10:1 compression

Flat Hydraulic 0.510" @ 240 degrees - 112 seperation

Edlebrock Performer RPM Heads

Crane 1.6:1 rollers

Performer RPM dual plane intake

Modified 680cfm Holley double pumper

MSD dizzy, box, wires, etc...

Full length 1.75" headers

Laughing Gas

Hot underhood-air induction icon_mad.gif

Drivetrain:

GM TH-700R4 4 speed automatic overdrive transmission

Datsun 3.54:1 R200 single slide rear end

280Z stub axels and half shafts

Suspension:

Ground Control Coil-Overs on all Fours

Tokico (sp?) non-adjustables

Stock brakes

280ZX 14x6 rims with very crappy generic street tires.

Eagle 15x8 rims with BFG 275/50/R15 Drag Radials for the track

Interior:

S&W 8 point roll bar

5 point harness for driver

Cheap, plastic, very uncomfortable "JAZ" seat for driver

Original crack-free dash!!!

Autometer Phantom series gauges

B&M Mega Shifter

"Custom" Mr. K signed glove box door

Winter Updates: (already got them, just need to get around to installing)

10 gallon fuel cell

CV axels

Toyota 4-pistons

Street Flares for front and back

Cold Air induction

For pictures and complete story, visit the link below.

-Andy

[ October 09, 2001: Message edited by: Andrew Bayley ]

Guest Fast Frog

Hello gents:

Here's my specs:

Chevy 383 with 9.5 cr

Edelbrock Performer Rpm hds with 2.02/1.60

Crane HR cam .488/.509 lift 214/222 dur

TPIS 1000cfm fuel inj mini-ram

MSD 6000AL

Accel DFI engine mgmt sys

Hooker 1 5/8" hdrs with dual 2 1/2" exh

Black Magic 150 elect fan

JCR 4 core "Datsun V8 conversion" radiator

WC T5 Camaro 5 spd tranny

10"X15" Centerline rear whls

7"X15" Centerline front whls

Dunlop sp 8000 tires (245VR15 rear)

Quickor lowering and stiffening sprg kit

Schroth 3 point harness with custom interior

[ October 09, 2001: Message edited by: Fast Frog ]

1974 260Z

1989 5.0L mustang engine and T-5 transmission

Stock 5.0 fuel injection

Tilton hydraulic throw-out bearing

Tilton clutch master

C&L 73mm MAF

24# injectors

1.72 roller rockers

dynomax block-hugger header

dual 2.5" exhaust w/ 2 chamber Flowmaster

RCI 16 gallon fuel cell

centerline 15x8 (5in backspace wheels)

Dunlop 245/50/15 tires

GroundControl coilover springs(200#/175# R/F)

Koni single adjustable struts

Suspension Tecniques sway bars

polyurethane everything

11.5 x.81 rotors w/ outlaw 2800 series calipers on front

Maxima 10.75 x .81 rotors and outlaw 2800 series calipers on back.

adjustable proportioining valve

Soon to install Edelbrock Aluminum Heads, Crower cam, Cobra Intake.

'72 240Z with a fuel injected 327 and T56 6 speed. The engine was dynoed at 435hp, and 493tq! It has a Edelbrock Pro-Flo EFI and Trick Flow G2 heads.I mini tubbed the wheelwells and custom made the rear frame to fit a shortened 12 bolt chevy w/3:73 posi, moser axles, disc brakes, panhard bar, coil overs, Jeg's street/strip suspension. I also custom made frame connectors, and instaled an S&W 8 point roll bar. front: shortened struts w/Ground Control coil overs, camber/caster plates, 1 1/4" sway bar. It has AC, with a Vintage Air heat/AC system, Autometer gauges, cassette/CD radio. Weld, Rodlite wheels 15X6 front, 15X10 rear 295-15-50 rear tires