HybridZ

G-nose, Anyone?

John Washington

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for sharing those photos Alan - they give all of us with knock-offs a look at what we SHOUlD have. Those are beautifully made pieces, and show the myriad of modifications required in a cheap imitation.

You get what you pay for ......

• 4 weeks later...

any progess being made on this? From what I have heard from everyone John Washington is a great guy to deal with and I am willing to pay more for a good kit and the quality we know we will get from you.

I would love to see a Gnose Kit with ZG Flares and 432R spoiler. It would be nice the gnose was the same 5 piece design as the original so if part gets damaged you dont have to buy it all again. Regardless of as a package or single items I really hope you offer this for sale as I would rather buy from John then deal with Showcars or MSA.

• 6 months later...

I talked to this guy that owns ArizonaZcar a few months ago and he would sell any mold for 6K but would sell all hi molds for 38k. He is not interested in doing any of the molding anymore since he has to much time invested in the machined parts. I have been trying to find people that would be interested in the body kit when you first open up their website (car in Yellow). The fellow said if I could find maybe 15 to 20 people wanting to pay about 2K he might be willing to make a run of that kit. I had found 5 others but I did not find enough. How about that as the kit or even some of the other mold parts. I hope this helps and check out the fiberglass parts he shows.

http://www.arizonazcar.com

Robert

• 10 months later...

I'd be interested in some G-nose headlight covers as I'm sure others who already have G-noses would be. They are scarce. The trim ring is what gets expensive, but a lexan cover trimmed with chrome door-edge guard would look pretty good at 1/50 the price of a trim ring. DAW

Thanks for all who have expressed interest. Still have not run across a piece from which I can make a mold. Though I am still interested, my five-month-old takes just enough time that I'm not pursuing any extra projects right now...to say nothing of needing to spend the dough on diapers instead of prototyping.

Plus, I am getting enough interest in a non-automotive product I've been developing that I may make good on my threats to sell and get out of the car stuff for a while.

If anything develops WRT the g-nose before then, I will be sure to post back to this thread. Meanwhile, I don't check in very often so be sure to email me directly if you need a quick answer.

I'd be interested in some G-nose headlight covers as I'm sure others who already have G-noses would be. They are scarce. The trim ring is what gets expensive, but a lexan cover trimmed with chrome door-edge guard would look pretty good at 1/50 the price of a trim ring. DAW

Could new crome rings be made if someone who has a set let them be "borrowed" for a pattern?

They can't be that difficult to copy....

• 2 months later...

Looks like you can still get the real lower part of the ZG from Nissan - however all the other parts are NLA ie headlight covers, buckets, centre, bumper and the hinges.

http://www.courtesyparts.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=CP&Category_Code=s30_nismo_240z-g-nose

http://www.courtesyparts.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=98520-N3256&Category_Code=s30_nismo_240z-g-nose

However you can get hinges from John of http://www.baddogparts.com/bdp.htm

I am very keen for a G Nose on my car. Looks like I might have to get the MSA one - feedback from anyone who has this installed?