HybridZ

POLL: best sounding engines

zguy95135

Sounds like Christine.... :D

I am partial to the Subaru flat 4... goooood stuff. 7000rpm' date=' open exhaust, and a wastegate screaming. [/quote']

Hahah. Thanks ( I think ). It definitely gets some double-takes from people at stoplights. They're like...how'd you shoehorn a V8 in that little car. They never believe its a 4-cyl. 8)

But now that big void in the garage is filled with more goodies, i.e., a '71 Z that is being manhandled nightly until its finished. So the WRX has basically been "mild-ed" a little for reliability sake. The Z will be my loud, fun car...besides...you cant have as much fun with an AWD as you can with the rear wheels blazing!! (even though my center diff puts most of the power to the rear now anyway)

Thanks for the comment though,

scott

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well ferrari's V12's and my lord do there V8's sound wicked!

the EJ20's sound sweet.. my friends STi sounds CRAZY.

my friend's wrx with BPM type2 exhaust is just pure nuts!!!!!! sounds like a pissed off V8 but better!

CA18DET's sound very nice too.

mike

Guest midnitz

A worked over Ferrari V12

Screaming Shelby 427 v8 cammer engine

Screaming Ford Boss429 hemi v8 engine

Mopar Hemi cuda v8 engine

an L28ET or VGETT modded engine at full boost

Guest thinkmonkey

All Ferrari engines produce a music that is unequalled, even by the great SBC. Their race engines and street engines all that 'tone' that cannot be beat in real life. You should also find a sound clip of the working 1/4th scale Ferrari 312PB that some crazy European guy spent 20 years building, it really sounds like a ferrari. I really wish that Ferrari would produce a motorcycle...

-David

Guest Grenade300

One of the nicest sounds that I've ever heard is a '92 300ZX TT with a full Greddy exhaust system and a set of Blow off valves and several other mods. Hearing that thing take off gave me chills! :shock:

Guest jjohart

I hate to admit it, but the E36 M3 convertible with stock exhaust always sounded like music to me, but unfortunately, that sound falls on deaf ears when it comes to cops in this country..or maybe it just plays "badass" too much...anyway, I reckon the sound of the variable valve technology, air intake and engine growl has as much to say in the overall sound.

John-those who test drive a snob usually buy it..