HybridZ

24 Valve DOHC head almost done!

Sure, Drax, I'll send them presently.

Be glad I'm in a hotel with Broadband. I am not prone to sending out stuff several times... :D

Eventually, they will make their way to this post I HOPE!

Umm the question was asked on Zcar, and after reading the replies to that, I wont ask here! I would like to know how many of you here would order somthing like that if it was completed? I know that it probably isnt viable but hey!

Very cool. I can't even imagine what an undertaking it would be to design/manufacture an entire cylinder head from scratch. Probably more work involved in that head than many of us have in our entire cars. Depending on price, and availability of components, I would be very interested in buying one. Looking at the design, it is very similar to the Toyota 7MGTE out of the Supra, which is another option I'm looking at for my 280Z. Anyone know of plans for production of this head?

Mike

Very cool.... VERYCOOL....you can see the similarity to this head to the Toyota Yamaha TG DOHC heads as mentioned earlier, I am sure the head off the Toyota 2000GT would look similar.

I just put my kindey and a few other organs on eBay, so when it goes for sale let me know, I'm all over it, although I might be a little physically weak.

Yasin

Guest Aaron

Very, very cool! I have one concern though. How does the height of the head compare to the original? Will there be an issue with fitting it under the hood?

The successful completion of this head will change EVERYTHING from current to future projects for a whole lot of people, myself included. Damn, that is so sweet. I feel like crying, especially after seeing what OSGiken wanted for their DOHC head. If you can make it affordable, you will have a LONG line waiting for it. Put me down for sure.

A few potential negatives:

Looks heavy. Included valve angle quite large. Chambers look to be huge, pop-up pistons likely required for decent C.R. not good for the shape of the combustion chamber. Are the intake and exhaust valves really the same size?

I honestly wouldn't bother with it if it were available to me.

Still, it would be cool if somebody *does* get it working!