HybridZ

does anyone like progressive springs???

For what I do with my car, the progressives work great. I bought them off a guy who was converting to coil-overs, and it was clear to me he was disappointed in them. Denver streets suck, and so do the highways - rutted, rough and full of holes. I couldn't tolerate a stiffer spring, and they work fairly well for me, even on the road track. They are not hard to launch on the strip either - I can work with a bit of compliance.

I have Eibachs with Tokico adjustable and like them very well for my straight line street application. I have an 83 ZX with a 430 H.P. SBC. I can very easily see the benefit and flexibility of ride height/adjustment of Coil-Overs depending on what you use the car for and if you have a desire to put larger rims/tires on.

I also have a set of Eibachs with Tokico shocks and love them. The roads here in Michigan are terrible so I really appreciate the improved ride from the progressive springs.

I have a 1971 Datsun 240Z based 1962 Ferrari 250 GTO kit with a 327 SBC in it.

http://www.hybridz.org/phpBB2/album_pic.php?pic_id=2514

BTW, lots of production cars come with progressive rate springs in them these days. However, the computer usually matches them up and the spring rate is different for each of the four corners of the car.