HybridZ

Supra 2JZ-GTE swap into 240Z (pics)

cyrus

Thanks Marcos,

I went crazy because I hate filling up and I found my other Z with 400HP to be very squirrely (sp?) without a full 120 lbs of fuel and a 200 pounds of passenger. The rear weight seems to be very nice for the traction plus the steering gets lighter too. As you can see it is a very tight trial fit.

The second plate is to install a the stock supra sendor and pump. The elbow is the filler and the stock plate will not be used. I do need a vapor seperator. Does anybody sell them, universal?

Also I want the car quiet so that is the stock supra muffler.

I hope to mount the tank this weekend. I have a question: I have a tilton 75 series clutch master cylinder what are the fitting called. Do I just ask for brake lines fittings, flare fitting, compression fittings? and what store should I go to?

5 weeks till the drive!

Mas280:: have you driven the car yet with them on it? it sure looks close to the fender there :shock: It looks like as soon as you launch the fenders will cut your tires to peices...Oh I went to your site .. NICE work.. Looks like in one of the pics your about to pull the wheels off the ground!! :shock:

Cyrus,the wheels you see on Mikes car are mine,his should be here any day now and are exactly the same.These are 275/40/17 and work well.they look like they will rub,but they wont.I been running them for a while and pleased with them.I have the build sheet of the wheels somewhere so I should have the specs for you.

Daruis on the other hand is running 315's :shock: ....I dont think he will have a traction problem any more.

John' date='

That is awesome. Are you running 275/40/17 in a stock fender? Can you get me the rims size and back space or offset?[/quote']

Hey there Mike ,I think we have the 4.5 back spacing on our new wheels dont we?

Cyrus buy 17x8" 5" BS

I use to have 235/60/15 bfg drag radials on a 15x8 4.5" BS

I will be at the CMI race AUGUST 7&8th in Sacramento.

Are you going to make it?

• 2 weeks later...

IT'S ALIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The 240Z 2JZ-GTE is driving. Seems powerful, gears seems to low I can start in 2 second like most cars 1st. At 5000RPM the motor come alive, both turbos are online.

THis thing is loud and smelly I need to get the exhaust put on quick

I am drove it to muffler shop and was turned away in san jose. He said it was too hard to do! Help! Who does custom work around Steven creek and 880?

Go to Michael's Mufflers. 1073 E El Camino Real in Sunnyvale. Just off of Lawrence Expressway. I talked to him last week about putting a 3" exhaust on my 240 and he said he can do it.

Do you work in the San Jose area? I'd like to check the car out one of these days.