HybridZ

Supra 2JZ-GTE swap into 240Z (pics)

cyrus

• 2 weeks later...

I am tired of fooling around.

I am now fabricating a full 3.5 inch (monster) exhaust system with formed bends and straight through mufflers.

I also installed an Apexi SAFC II for fuel ratio.

A Greddy BBC to eliminate the fuel cut that occurs at 15 PSI.

A Apexi AVC-R to set the boost at 18 PSI.

A Innovative Wide band sensor to keep the whole thing from blowing up.

This car now sounds "ANGRY" under full throttle!

• 2 weeks later...

I just got an Innovative LM-1 which I am just learning to use but can say that if you have a modded turbo car, buy it. I am trying to set the fuel at 12.0 but that is not easy to do on the road. A long 5 gear pull would be nice but not realistic, so I might go to dyno.

I need to start posting picture of this stuff, unfortunately I do not have a service that will do this yet.

Here is my secret engine bay design

Cross.JPG

Like an Oreo double stuffed

Fitting.JPG

Installed

fareng.JPG

Beautiful

engine.JPG

Old 3" new 3.5" with straight through mufflers. Notice modified mid muffler

exhgrnd.JPG

Tuning is were it is at! If I only understood half of this...

computers.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
I think the detonation is false as the ratio is 10 to 1 afr and the comp does not pull timing...

Have you put an OBD scanner on it? Why do you think you have detonation? when you run race gas at the track is the MPH going up? Honestly - I'd snag an EBAY header, a small(ish) single, and put down some serious numbers. The stock twins are well good and fine to a point but are heavy (VERY!) and run out of breath early. A 61mm or better a 67mm turbo would allow you to make an easy 500RWHP - a T78 on my car running pure 93 pump made 550RWHP at just 1.2BAR of boost :o

I end up at 720RWHP on my car on good gas with stock cams running a 71GTQ, 34PSI, a full 4inch exhaust, and an AEM EMS that I tuned. I have a ported head and cams which would've bumped HP by at least 100 however the car was totalled by a dumbass and I'm fighting with his insurance company. An SC300 and my chassis will yield one FAST SC300 and a GE drivetrain for the 240Z :D The GE motor with a GTE head will be wonderful and 600+RWHP is available with pump gas and meth injection. Are you finding the shifter position a problem? Any pics of the console? How did the dash turn out?

ah ohhhh he's back...

mike

Lol, I'm not totally gone. Just been concentrating on the other car and depressed at it's demise. The V8 just didn't quite suit me I think, I dunno'. I really like forced induction. I have a miniram for the V8 so who knows. After all I've learned about the 2JZ it's REALLY a motor I admire.

The drivetrain doesn't appear to have been damaged although the intercooler is wadded. I am fighting for a pretty HUGE settlement and will try to get the car back as sourcing all of those parts is a PITA. The car ran high 10.8s on pump with good tires and a smaller turbo, I figure with the ported head and race gas the motor will do great in an SC300. Once the SC300 is setup I'll turn my attention to the Z so this won't be overnight. I may even get it running again with the SBC before Winter truly hits. How's the RX7 doing? Holler sometime and update me on things! ;)

Hey Jim, been running across your posts on supraforums the last couple of days as I've been working on a 2jz-gte IS300... Glad you haven't forgotten us!

Lol, of course I've not forgotten! I've got two L28s on my back porch I'm trying to get rid of cheap cheap - I cannot help but think of you guys when I trip over them :lol: Seriously though, I always point people this way who are working on weird swaps or 240Zs!

BLKMGK, your pics of 240Z 1jZ on your site were a big part of me deciding to do my swap. Last run the car was at 12.1@122mph. I think I can get more power out of the setup. I enjoy the thrill of turbo, too!

Presently, the car is being rollcaged right now. I have tons of pics. and