HybridZ

Let's see your RB Z...

DETurbine

Well almost... with the exception of a radiator... and the hydraulic clutch is dry still, but it starts and runs! I even finished the exhaust up!

P1000789.JPG

P1000790.JPG

Please excuse my mess it became late and I was sucked deep into it and started to neglect my work space.

P1000792.JPG

P1000795.JPG

P1000798.JPG

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Here is my RB, it was a combination effort of my brother and I, and our first build . . .

n72604599_39350199_941.jpg

Its a stock long block with a T3/T4, intake and some other bolt ons. I'm running 10psi on the stock ecu, with a wide band and its still nice and rich. I plan on running a bit more this summer and saving up for an ecu and injectors.

Here is the car which looks pretty stock outside . . ..

n509484956_11199_8279.jpg

Oh and here is the shell we started with ....

n72604599_33162886_7874.jpg

What exhaust manifold is that? A custom one or an S-tec or something similar?

Thats a $100 ss autochrome top mount. A real gem. lol

In all seriousness it performs just great. We modified it to get the fitment just the way we wanted it, and then slapped some heat wrap on there and haven't had an issue so far.

Rob

Its actually a modified ss-auto chrome header. The fit was pretty crappy I had to re drill some holes for the bolts and reposition the top flange. Other than that bit of fiddle work I'd say its a great header, no boost creep, no cracks, good welds too (checked out by a professional welder / instructor). I used a stock Nissan exhaust gasket and it seals great. I also heat wrapped and silicone sprayed the entire thing. So if you don't mind doing a bit of fiddle work its a great buy.

Its actually a modified ss-auto chrome header. The fit was pretty crappy I had to re drill some holes for the bolts and reposition the top flange. Other than that bit of fiddle work I'd say its a great header, no boost creep, no cracks, good welds too (checked out by a professional welder / instructor). I used a stock Nissan exhaust gasket and it seals great. I also heat wrapped and silicone sprayed the entire thing. So if you don't mind doing a bit of fiddle work its a great buy.

Oh ok cool. I wasn't sure that the regular aftermarket RB26 manifolds would fit in the S30 engine bay. How did you redo the top flange? Cut it off and reweld it? Was it too close to the valve cover or something?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...