HybridZ

I can't believe this welding will hold

Tim240z

That just looks like he either used flux core wire OR he had a gas mix on a gage that was bad, with an empty bottle... Gage told him he had PLENTY of gas... Don't ask how I might know, but on one of my very first roll cages I burned up a grinder fixing a similar "issue"!

Hahahaha!

Mike

Looks like he was welding at cast iron, maybe with nickel rod. Haven't tried it in years, but remember that it was a pain. So much so that the last casting I had to stick together I preheated almost forever and brazed. (a diesel tractor's starter snout... it held).

Old exhaust manifolds are especially nasty because they tend to burn/oxidize from both sides, so any actual metal gets harder and harder to find.

Man, I had to chuckle when I looked at those welds! If this would have been on the other site, we would have seen comments like......Nice job, wish I could weld like that, keep up the good work, etc., etc. You just gotta love HYBRIDZ!!!