HybridZ

2JZ Z engine pics

Z-Gad

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest 73Turbo240z

very very nice... also looks immensly easier to work on that motor than if it were in a MK4 supra... i've had some back experiences wrenching on those when they're in there original cars.

Thanks for the props, we are all giddy with anticipation. I have minor wiring remaining consisting of alternator and main ground wire, as well as final brake assembly (installing the line loc) and tieing in the gas pedal to the Supra throttle cable, prior to start up. Now that SEZ is postponed, I may take a few more days to double check wiring, etc. I will update as they come available.

BIG Thanks to Rick Bowers (Speeder) for coming out to my place again!!

Today was the day that the 2JZ 240z came to life!! After topping off all the fluid levels, correcting all of my 'little' mistakes while preparing the car to start (forgetting to tighten all the braided fuel lines, plumbing the FPR backwards-DOH!!, wiring the Painless ignition switch incorrectly, etc), we adjusted the fuel pressure, turned the fuel pump off, cold cranked the engine until we had oil pressure, crossed our fingers, turned the fuel pump back on, turned the key and varoom!! The car fired up on the first try!! The engine has sat for nearly 2 years, so a little smoking occured as the car warmed up but the longer it ran, the less smoke we had. Much of it was fuel mixture and rings needing to reseat after the long hiatus. It sounded amazing and Rick and I were jumping around like little kids when it first fired :-)

Anyway, I will have to chase some wiring issues as the lights, turn signals. and various electrical gauges are not working properly. I'll start w/ those gremlins tomorrow, but today was all about the car running. :2thumbs: