HybridZ

Don't Laugh At Me

johnc

Guest Battle Pope

omfg. I was laughed at in school, how come these little snots don't have to be? It's not fair I tell ya. Darn liberal parents.

Yeah, don't try to diffuse the situation, I say just issue the kids Mac 10's. When i was in 10th grade there was a jerk who just wouldn't stop giving me s**t because I was from a really dirt poor familly. So I dealt with it and got to spend a year in George Junior Republic in Penna. It was a wonderful place, kind of undergrad school for criminals. The only neat part of the story is the guy I beat up still has a limp some 45 years later. There, now you know how I became a flaming LIberal one percenter with a major bad attitude.

That's the problem with people these days. They don't want their kids getting picked on. Then the whole worlds going to turn into a bunch of sissies. This makes me want to go beat an 8 year old with a broom stick! J/K I do kind of want to make fun of people though. lol.

People want the best for their kids so it's not suprising to see that this is happening. People don't take in to consideration how this will completly affect the kids. I am imagining a class room full of kids that bring their imaginations full force to school and acting however it is they want, which is fine as a child but in society, you can't wear yesterday's underwear as a mask...

Through music, video, and classroom activities, the DLAM programs help sensitize children to the painful effects of behaviors that too often are accepted as necessary rites of passage in childhood—ridicule, disrespect (or "dissing"), ostracism and bullying. DLAM is designed to inspire children, along with their teachers and other educators, to transform their classrooms and schools into "Ridicule Free Zones". Children participating in DLAM learn that by working together they can positively shape their school environment, and eventually bring this message to the broader community.

Uhh, so basically this program turns our kids into sheltered little hippies.

Don't be a mean spirited SOB little prick or don't be a bully is one line of reasoning I could get behind, but don't laugh at me just begs to be laughed at. In the real world people laugh at each other all the time. The answer to getting dissed is to get a little thicker skin, not stop anyone from criticizing you. Imagine the kicked puppy dog look these kids will have on their faces after their first day in college when they meet some kids who didn't get sensitivity training. Maybe they'll form the "sensitive pony tail" club in college and try to hide themselves away from all the normal people.

How about this! Why don't parents just take the time to educate their kids a little about having self esteem and confidence in themselves....that is of course considering that the parents have it themselves!!! Maybe this program should be directed at the parents. Just remember, sheople breed quicker than leaders do! Friggin sissies! I'm stopping right here before I get all wound up about these walking illiterates.

How about this! Why don't parents just take the time to educate their kids a little about having self esteem and confidence in themselves....

Got that right.

It is unfortunate that most parents expect all this education to come from some sort of tax funded system and unaware that they should provide guidance and some sort of education from the home so their kids can make their way through life.

Guest Battle Pope

Yep. It's the school system and television's job to raise the kids nowadays so parents can work their fingers to the bone so 2 weeks a year they can dump the kids and mom and dad's and go gallovanting across the countryside on "vacation".

Yep. It's the school system and television's job to raise the kids nowadays so parents can work their fingers to the bone so 2 weeks a year they can dump the kids and mom and dad's and go gallovanting across the countryside on "vacation".

This is becoming oh so true. I know women who had children 'Because they always wanted some' (by the way... this is an EXACT quote from one of my acquaintances). Two months later they were back to work and the child was farmed out to day care. They didn't NEED the extra income to survive... she just felt that she could be a full time parent and have a full time career.

'Who is raising your child?', I asked. Her reply: 'I am!'.

BS!

Guest Battle Pope
This is becoming oh so true. I know women who had children 'Because they always wanted some' (by the way... this is an EXACT quote from one of my acquaintances). Two months later they were back to work and the child was farmed out to day care. They didn't NEED the extra income to survive... she just felt that she could be a full time parent and have a full time career.

'Who is raising your child?'' date=' I asked. Her reply: 'I am!'.

BS![/quote']

Disgusting. Typical response though. "I have to work to afford the finer things in life, why shouldn't I have someone else do the hard part when they're better with that sort of thing?"

When I have children, the wife(to be)'s staying home to raise them. If I can't support the entire family on our savings/my income, then we don't need kids. Fortunately she feels the same way. I'll be damned if someone's going to raise our kids for us.

I was fat in grade school and part of high school like the only one in the class, but now I hear like 5 of 10 kids are fat in grade school. WTF, I would have blended in. But they didn't pick on my directly, I was always too big. I was 5'7 and 170 in 6th. Grew to 6'3" 210 bench 225 10 reps without a spot. Now those suckers will pay, if I could only find any of them. :twak:

That's the problem with people these days. They don't want their kids getting picked on.

Not me, by God. I dress my kids in hush puppies and horn rim glasses. With tape. I make them play dodge ball against the 6th graders. And when they come home I make them pop tall and recite their daily orders. I am breeding a platoon of nerdy little warriors.

When they grow up I will buy them long black trench coats and teach them how to make pipe bombs. Total old school.

Guest Aaron

I was almost a total outcast in high school. I hated almost every moment of it. I wish I could go back because I would have a worse attitude than I did. Sometimes my wife tells me "I don't know how you do, I can't have people mad at me." I tell her that the great thing about being an outcast in school is that when you grow up you don't give a rat's behind what anybody thinks about you.

Ever heard the song "Boy Named Sue" by Johnny Cash?

Meet a boy named Rufus...

It sucks to get picked on when you are young, but as long as it does not get out of hand it allows you to learn about the true nature of "most" humans. Most people are so insecure that they take their frustrations out on others.

All you need to do is pay attention to what your kids say in order to determine if they are being picked on just like everybody else or if they are being singled out. If they are singled out and the abuse is consistant from one individual or a group, then it is up to the parent to pay a visit to the perpetrators house and have a heart to heart with their parents.

Once the offender's parents have been warned...turn about becomes fair play...

It all works out in the end...

As a parent you are responsible to protect your kids from unnecesary abuse, violence, etc. I have neighbors whose (sp?) kids constanly cuss, and push each other around. Basically young punks with no guidance. My kids are not allowed to play with them because I do not want them exposed to such ignorance. It becomes tougher when the go to school, however there are4 ways to observe your kids at school without them knowing you are there.