HybridZ

Lost my best friend........

COZY Z COLE

My partner,lover, and best friend of 20 years passed away on 6-20-05. She never recovered from a diabetic coma...... :cry:

I urge everyone to have their blood sugar checked, watch your diet, and exercise. We had fought this demon for 5 years.

I want to thank the support given to me by family and friends....

LARRY

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As , Larry requested, I would also encourage all you folks to have your sugar level tested and then have you encourage everyone that you know to do the same. Diabetes is very serious and very damaging to other body organs. My type 2 diabetes can be controlled by diet and excersize. I was in the emergency room 3 times in one week until the reason was discovered to be the onset of diabetes. I was lucky to have the diabetic condition discovered before the real serious irreverible damage and problems developed...The test is very simple and if you know anyone with diabetes...they should have a sugar/glucose monitor and can provide you with your sugar level test instantly ...anything around 120 is great... over 200 or under 70.... make a doctor appointment immediately

Larry,

Sorry to hear of your loss, you and your family are in my prayers.

I also suffer from type 2 diabetes and so far have been able to control it with diet and excersize. Everyone should be tested for this, especially if you are feeling run down, thirsty all the time and have to pee alot. This is one of the most destructive preventable malladies we struggle with today and the sooner it's caught the better chance you have of avoiding the severe damage it can cause and live a "normal" life, whatever that is.

Wheelman