Got hitched (no shotguns)

Guest tony78_280z

Guest tony78_280z

The argument ended with...

"Well, we should just get married then!"

"Fine!"

"Fine!"

"Fine!"

...But she called my bluff. At the courthouse she wouldn't even let me stop in at the bathroom to go pee.

I should have taken a hint a week or so ago when she jokingly wrote up a pre-nup stating she lays no claim to my Z. (Little does she know it'll be worth $100,000 by the time I'm done!:twisted: ) I made the mistake of giving her the vin number so I better not total it bad enough requiring a new frame.

Either way, it is done now. There is now a Mrs. Anthony Cygne. And incase she reads this... "I love you honey. And I could never find a more perfect princess."

(Yes Tim, this is the same girl you owe the apology. Thin sheet metal or not.)

Congrats Tony... Finding the perfect mate is an art. Finding one who will put up with your hobbies, your goofy friends, and the costs of your hobbies, both financially and in time is something that took me 33 years to find! I hope your marriage is as well balanced as mine has become... 6 fights in 6 years of knowing each other and all but one were the doings of children or the exhusband... Mutual respect, kind words, and saying thank you a lot will go a long way.

We're getting ready to refinance the home this coming week, and I'm putting her on the deed and the note. I'm also turning over the accounts to her... THAT has been a BIG step for me personally. However, I suck with money and she is great with it. For us to realize our dreams, I'm gonna have to employ her banking skills to get there (Since she WORKS at a bank!). Love and trust brotha, love and trust! :2thumbs:

Congrats man! :cool:

Mike

That's kind of the way my wife and I decided. The conversation went:

"Well, maybe we should just get married."

"OK."

"OK then. We're getting married. When do you want to do it? I've got vacation in 3 weeks."

"I've got to call my mom! We're getting married in 3 weeks!!!"

Best thing I ever did. Congrats to you.

Congratulations and many happy years ahead for you both! I have been married 23 plus years and am lucky enough to have found someone who could put up with all my BS.

You got to work at it but it is well worth it. Again congratulations now get off the computer and go play with the Mrs.

Mike

...But she called my bluff. At the courthouse she wouldn't even let me stop in at the bathroom to go pee.

That one's a keeper. Gotta love a woman who knows what she wants and understands men. Doesn't sound like one that will give up easy when you hit the inevitable rough spots.

Be good to her and congratulations.

Congratulations. Finding the right woman is truly a blessing, marrying my wife is the best thing that's ever happened to me.

Staying drunk half the time and chasing whores was really a tough lifestyle.

John

Guest tony78_280z

Thank you, thank you, thank you.

jt1: I wonder how I found such a wonderful girl while chasing whores. :icon52:

bo sosick: We argue like we've been married for 50 years. Bickering back and forth. My friends and family think it's funny and entertaining to witness.

Mkelly: We were "dating" several years ago, but broke up and remained freinds. Actual friends in which we talked, emailed and shared our lives (and other relationships) We "gave it another chance" and here we are. I think we know one another better than most newly weds.

Pop N Wood: She loved your post the most. She doesn't need encouragement for her stubornness. (like any woman does)

Life is fun!

Tony, I had no intention at all of implying your wife was anything but a fine lady. I was refering to my younger years when my lifestyle was.....uh....a lot different than it is now.

Marriage has been good for me, and I hope you and her enjoy a lifetime together.

Sorry about that.

John