HybridZ

I cant stop to save my life LITERALY! Need more breaks

Whats a GOOD Kit that is BOLT ON, I am a Retard with drilling holes and stuff, but i DEFFINATLY need ALOT MORE stoping power, was doing 90 on the freeway last night, had to stop for my off ramp and well lets just say I ran the stop sign at 25mph...

After you get your brakes squared away, maybe you should work on your freeway driving habits....it aint no race track!!! At your very young age it's understandable why you drive that way, but we already have enough A-holes on the freeways....we don't need another one. Besides, it might be a good thing to have you around at HybridZ learning about Z cars instead of dead or layed up in a hospital. What do you think?

To answer your questions and not give you random advice on how to drive, if your looking for a bolt on kit you should do some reasearch in the archives and look up the different toyota 4x4 setups, one is vented and one is not. Both are inexpensive and relatively easy.

....interstate might as well be a racetrack where i live, i swear last year when i was going to school people thought they were playing nascar on the way to work. 80-85 in the fast lane was about as slow as you could go.

Don't spend your money on brake upgrades, spend it on making the set you have work like they should. Fresh aggressive pads/shoes, good calipers, drums and rotors within spec, fresh fluid. And don't forget, the quickest way to shorten stopping distance is get stickier tires!

Don't spend your money on brake upgrades, spend it on making the set you have work like they should. Fresh aggressive pads/shoes, good calipers, drums and rotors within spec, fresh fluid. And don't forget, the quickest way to shorten stopping distance is get stickier tires!

Ahmen.

Guest 73Turbo240z

agreed.... i'm drafting soccer moms @ 90 here... drop below that and you become a accident waiting to happen from some large SUV not paying attention and driving right over you.

I have said that on other sites before and ended up with around 20 post ripping me apart for the comments. It is good to see other people with an understanding of what it takes to stop a Zcar.

We have a little something called common sense here. In addition to understanding how brakes work, we also realize that the drag from putting an 8 inch wide tire on your Z is not as significant to the increase in handling you get from it. :lol: Still can't believe that crap was said more than once on classiczcars.com...